Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported contributions    

Reported contributions

Nana Lins
Brazil

PhilipR and elderberrywine, I was writing the post and I didn �t see yours. Thank God someone agrees that we ahould at least know the reasons.

25 Oct 2010     

victor
Spain

@Nana:
If your worksheets are definitely removed, then you �ll get the reasons in a private message.

I �m afraid they will all be removed. The urban legends are fully taken from about.com. It doesn �t matter if you added a possible activity in the description, the content of the worksheet is not yours.
The other ones are copied or partly copied from other esl websites, so they are clearly breaking the rules of the website.

@Caela:
Let me tell you something: Most of the users who "work hard, make great contributions and have no time for nonsense" would not like a website where they work hard while others just contribute with copies.

BTW, you forgot to add number 3: the ones who create fake second accounts just to criticise others.

25 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

There is no Caela here. The username was created only to .......write on the forum. IMHO

25 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

VERY bad style --- VERY little courage --- and then such "big" words he/she used ... Confused

25 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@el_profe55:
The word original is in the rules so don �t tell me not to use it.
That �s great to see you went through my contributions so you could see for yourself they are NOT copies, therefore they ARE originals!

Of course overything has been here already, when talking about "original contributions" clever people will understand it means NOT COPY!

You are too young to talk to me like this, boy.Wink
Have a great day.

25 Oct 2010     

stexstme
France

Wise words about users, dear Victor! Thank you!

Have a nice day,

Sylvie

25 Oct 2010     

Nana Lins
Brazil

Dear MJ Misa,

If you visit the the description and the rules page  http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm  you will see that the word original isn �t mentioned even once.

I took some time to look at some of your worksheets (I �m allowed to do that, right?) and it seems that we have used the same website as a source to create our worksheets. In fact, you haven �t fully copied from the website, you have just partly copied from it. Just like I did. So, I guess both of us don �t create original worksheets. You even copied great part of the exercise.

If my phrasal verbs mini book should be removed, I think yours should too, because besides copying part of your ws from the website, you haven �t cited the source, which is much worse than what I did.

http://www.englishpage.com/prepositions/phrasaldictionary.html
http://www.englishpage.com/prepositions/phrasalverbs1.htm
Your contribution:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=334943#thetop
My contribution (if it is still available):
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=298801#thetop

25 Oct 2010     

starrr
Brazil

The problem is that you have not created any activity with those texts and this is the main problem with your ws Nana. Next time try to do a complete ws with exercises, examples of grammar topics to be used with them etc. This will facilitate to the moderators to check and vote for removal or not. Texts can be taken from web sites but just them can not assure that they will be accepted here even when you put the links on them like you did and the worse they are in British English and they are very hard to the students translate the stories. I have used all 6 mini stories about your Urban legends this week, but I had lots of issues to solve to apply them correctly to my students and I had to translate 1 by one by myself for each group before I add tasks to them and later I had to bring the groups to the lab to check the web site about.com and I made them to use google translator and Babylon for them understand all the stories..It was a very hard task for them, but fortunately I have added exercises and training on the LAB to not lose all the main objective of this activity you did...and the mostly because they have found it very difficult for them. In your instructions you say just to form groups and give to them the stories just this..nothing more..if I did not use my mind and skills to not lose the activity and put myself in trouble with them these texts could be really put me in trouble..inside my classrooms.Fortunately I have used my mind and all was ok and now we are going to study Edgar Allan Poe horror stories but now my students know what to do.

I appreciate your efforts and thank you for the idea to use Urban legend to discuss about Halloween. Thanks for it. Hope your ws are not being removed but if they will be removed, do other kind of ws exploring those stories..like I said to you above. Have a nice day! ;-)

25 Oct 2010     

Nana Lins
Brazil

MJ Misa

When I first wrote the post I just wanted to understand what was going on. I didn�t write to offend anybody and had no intentions of harming anybody. 

I believe you could have answered my post just like everybody else did: showing the fact.

I didn�t expect an answer like yours saying �This page is for original contributions, unfortunately your wss aren �t much original:o( The are not original exercises added, nothing. That �s the reason they have to be removed!!!�

You said to el_profe55 �That �s great to see you went through my contributions so you could see for yourself they are NOT copies, therefore they ARE originals!�, but that is not true.

When I asked the definition of �original� for the website was for that reason. You said your worksheets were original and mine weren�t and both of us did the same thing.

You could have explained how you understand the word �original� and not called me or anybody else �not clever�. You offended me and I guess you have also offended �el_profe55� by saying �Of course overything has been here already, when talking about "original contributions" clever people will understand it means NOT COPY!�

25 Oct 2010     

Nana Lins
Brazil

Dear Starr,
This semester, the only group I have is an Advanced Four group, which means they are in their last semester of an English course. I have struggled to get extra material to use in class, once it is a conversational class and the common topics like globalization, drug use, sex, etc have been discussed already. Right now I don �t have any grammar topics to cover so that is why I didn �t add any to be used with the urban legends mini books.
I designed my mini books to be used by me with my students and did the activity that I thought best suited my objectives for that specific class "have my students talk" and my class was very successfull.
I know that the level of the text might be a problem to some learners but my students did well. It depends on the group you have. Every teacher knows their groups and uses the material that best suits the group.
Thank you for taking the time to suggest some tips and I �ll do that for my lower level students.
Bom dia e obrigada. -- Have a nice day and thank you.

25 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >