Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HOW OLD ARE YOU? :O    

HOW OLD ARE YOU? :O

el_profe55
Argentina

HOW OLD ARE YOU? :O

TODAY I �VE SEEN SOME COMMENTS ABOUT AGGRESIVE PEOPLE AND I FEEL SO DISAPPOINTED!!

WHY "GROW UP" PEOPLE JUDGE MY AGE. I KNOW I �M A YOUNG BOY OF 22 YEARS OLD.
BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TELL ALL OF YOU THAT I �M THE KIND OF PERSON WHO IS READY TO LEARN OF EVERY SITUATION AND I KNOW I HAVE LOTS OF THINGS TO LEARN ABOUT TEACHING.

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT MY AGE SHOULD BE A MATTER OF DISCUSSION OR A REASON TO DIDN �T ALLOW ME TO GIVE MY OPPINION ABOUT SOME MOTERATORS OR SOME EXPERIENCE AND MEMBERS WITH CERTAIN "STATUS" IN THIS WEBSITE...

I �M A TEACHER LIKE YOU, NOBODY �S PERFECT ...EVEN MODERATORS WITH STATUS (BUT WITH LACK OF MANNERS)  MAKE MISTAKES!!!

25 Oct 2010      

silvanija
Lithuania

Do you know that writing in capitals means shouting?

I believe that intelligence and good manners have nothing to do with age.

Have a nice morning/day/evening/ night  Big smile

25 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

no, i didn �t know about it,, sorry!!!

thanks for telling me, next time i will avoid it

i wrote in capital letters because while i was writing on the forum i was doing some sheets using this kind of letter...

Hug

ALEX CARR

25 Oct 2010     

maoopa
China

Come on guys, take it easy.

Profe, I don �t take it personal. I believe that there �s a whole bunch of cultures and personalities in here, and we just need to learn to deal with them.

I know you have good reasons to start this topic. But this is going to become one of thos huge, pointless discussions... just let them be and they �ll forget about you in a while.

Let �s respect and be respected.

Best regards,

Mauro

25 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@el_profe

Whenever one has an argument with somebody else, it is a personal issue... So what �s the point in bringing this issue to the forum? May I say that "the public" is simply not interested in this kind of argy-bargy?

So why do you bring up such an unpleasant topic? Do you want us members to judge who is right and who is wrong?

As far as I know, users are supposed to share their work and knowledge here, however, we are NOT supposed to act as part-time arbitrators! Wink

25 Oct 2010     

olgumco
Colombia

Hey guys, take it easy. I don�t think we should be reading this type of agressive things Thumbs Down in a site that was created for professional growth and exchange of intellectual ideas. 
Let �s focus on our sharing!!! 

25 Oct 2010     

kprichorniana
Mexico

You know...Such is life...In every community there is conflict due to diversity...Different people, different minds, different cultures, different ideas. 

The success of a community lies in the ability of its members to tolerate each other as well as having the willingness to take constructive criticism.  OF COURSE WE ARE NOT PERFECT! How boring it �d be if we were!!! Don �t you think???

Keepin mind though...As teachers, we are (AND I MEAN ALL OF US ALL) the basic most essential part of the foundation of a community.  To educate, we must educate ourselves first. 

Attitudes rub off on our students...Intolerance is an ugly attitude...

People Everyone �s experience is valued and appreciated in this site...Moderators keep it organized...Without them it be like an anarchy! These are people with LOADS of experience who offer us free advice...I think, if you have a problem with their decisions, you should first deal with them in private...Not everyone likes to read nasty comments about others...

Protesting is a wonderful when done in a respectful manner.  Why the need to ridicule and point fingers...Are we not better than most politicians? In a bad government, leaders and citizens can�t help but point fingers and have looooong pointless arguments that lead nowhere.  

But, we are a great community�I�m absolutely sure we can find a way to solve our differences�...as John Lennon once said ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!! 

Come on let�s sing that BARNEY song we all love so much!!! I love you you love me�we�re great friends as friends should beeeeeeeee!!! HAHAHA! Come on people lighten up!!!

Big Hugs!!!

Elida

25 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

sorry lina ladybird for me it �s unpleasant too!!

i would lik eto know the reasons why @donapeter say that some countries have undereducated teachers just because they cannot afford something more.

do you think a teacher is supposed to say such a terrible thing? do you think I �m able to talk with a person who say that and DON �T answer my PM after that!

do you think shoul I allow that people judge my age and my knowledge?

I NEED A LITTLE BIT OF RESPECT just because of the fact I �m a person!!!!

i �m still here because I love this site and I met kind teachers who never discriminate and help me to be a better teacher every day!!!

25 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Well...
You are a victim after all! You are a victim and people like me just envy you for what you are:young, talented, smart and challenging.  
I  just want to  apologize, here in front of all those great people,  for whatever offended you.
I do respect you for being a person.  

As I am humble and I admit my mistakes i hope you can go on and I repeatedly apologize for whatever you want. 

( I do not receive you PM as I totally put your ID in my ignore list) 

EDIT POST; there is a rule here: Don�t use the forum for personal attacks. Those kind of posts will be removed by the administrator. 
But I suppose you just haven�t got the time to read them. 

25 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

el profe, how many threads did you start today? six? seven?
spare us your billions of insignificant threads and leave the forum open for people who have real problems and questions, please

25 Oct 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

@ elderberyywine: That comment is out of order.
I just checked and he has started ONE thread today. There is no limit as far as I know anyway!!!!!

Why the hostility?

@el_profe55 Don �t let it get you down. Everyone here has something to give and I personally have learnt so much from so many different people every day! Age does not matter one iota!

25 Oct 2010     

1    2    Next >