Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Flags and countries    

Flags and countries

Izadeabreu
Brazil

Flags and countries

Hello!!

First of all I�d like to say how wonderful this site is! I teach in a public school in Brazil and all the material has helped me a lot! So, thank you all!

When I download something or even read the messages , I get curious where the people are from . The flags are great , but difficult to recognize all of them. So, I
would like to know if it is possible to have the names of the countries below the flags.

Great weekend!

Iza

29 Oct 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Please, read these old threads:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=19812

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=18222

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=15531

29 Oct 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Point the cursor (mouse) to the flag. Right click - Save the picture as - and you will see the name of the country.
Each flag �s name is identical to the country where the teacher is from.

When I right-clicked  your flag + srolled down to Save As, I could see the name of your flag -  "Brazil"
Embarrassed

29 Oct 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

It would be easier if the name of the country appeared under the flag, wouldn �t it?! It �s just my opinion... ;))

29 Oct 2010     

El-Samreyah
Egypt

I couldn �t agree more.
I have the same strong desire to know where everyone is from and the save as suggestion will be difficult and waste time. Let �s say, we are too lazy to do that every time we want to know where someone is from.

30 Oct 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Is it just me, just my opinion,or people are getting lazier and lazier?
Think about that and show up again  so that we can jhave a chat about it, ok?

Hugs
Linda

30 Oct 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Linda, sometimes when one works everyday, the three periods of the day and don �t have time for onerself or for the most beloved ones, it �s not a question of laziness, but a question of practicality!!! It �s not an opinion, it �s a fact - at least mine!!!!

30 Oct 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Wakebeauty
May be you are right, as far as it concerns to me I don �t work 3 periods, I just go on for about almost 18 hours a day.
I guess people who work that hard don �t care that much about flags,just me thinking about me.
Anyway, it was just a comment, less than a secong is not time, unless it means a vital second.

Don �t worry about it, I always say what I feel, I feel some now and then, some people are too much demanding as to others � duties and this is something that disturbs me.

Keep cool, tomorrow is Saturday, we can relax a little from the usual tasks and dedicate ourselves to the others, weekend job - LOL

Have a nice weekend, my dear

Hugs
Linda

30 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

hello

if you want to know about where are the members from, you need to make JUST a simple click -use the right botton of your mouse- on SAVE AS 

that �s it!!!!

hope it helps!!!!

BOA NOITE!!!
Hug

alex carr

30 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Right click the flag under the member �s pic, choose "properties" and you �ll be able to see where s/he �s from.

When nothing happens on the forum and I �m bored without anything important to do (rarely) I have some fun and practice some geography clicking on the members � flags.

I �ve learned a lot (and remembered a lot from elementary school) in the rare occasions I �ve got some free time to have fun without engaging in discussions on the forum.

Have a great weekend you all.

EDIT: Already able to recognize up to 6 flags - including Brazil.

30 Oct 2010     

SueThom
United States

Aaah, Zalida �s suggestion worked on my computer--thank you!

Up �til now I haven �t known how to figure out where the flag was from other than to look it up online. (My favorite is http://www.photius.com/flags/flag_identifier.html )

However, what I �ve been doing for the past couple of months is making my own little chart. Every time I see a flag I don �t recognize in the forum, I check my chart. If it �s a new one, I add it. I �m getting pretty good at associating flags and countries now! Big smile

If anyone wants a copy of the chart, pm me with an email address and I �ll send it.

Sue

30 Oct 2010     

1    2    Next >