Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > reported worksheets    

reported worksheets

milka74
Poland

reported worksheets

I don �t know what �s going on. From two hours or so I �m getting the information that my worksheets are reported to the moderator. Most of them are from series "something you didn �t know about ..." and "you know you are ...". They are connected with the culture of some countries and nations. Some of them are here quite a long time and have many positive comments. Everything was ok till now. I don �t know what �s going on. I made them using the information from the Net, but it was different information from different sources and I made the worksheets by myself. Everything seemed ok, till now. I don �t know what has changed. Did u have a similar problem here?

2 Nov 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

The problem is that nobody - me included - seems to have noticed so far that you had just compiled a lot of chunks of information from numerous websites to make all these wss... You �ve never added any tasks, just borders, frames and clipart.

According to the rules of ESLP we are not allowed to upload copied texts at all - neither before the new rules were implemented on February 18, 2010, nor after that date!

3 Nov 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

I did not report your worksheets but I was looking at them yesterday and although they seem wonderful I was wondering what part of the worksheet you had created aside from the layout. You really need to credit your sources and add a second page of work of say reading comprehension to the work and then reupload. As your worksheets are they don �t seem to satisfy the rules of this website which states
"If your worksheet is just a reading text, it will only be accepted if the text is written by you."
Please don �t be too despondent about the situation. 

3 Nov 2010     

milka74
Poland

But there are many such kind of activities that give you just some information, especially about things connected with culture. If you put, let say, word "England" to search for some worksheets, most of them look like that. Just the text with some facts without exercises.

3 Nov 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

If that �s the case, these wss should be reported and removed, too... Just MHO though!

BTW, I agree with David. ;))

3 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Milka, I am sorry to hear that. I find your worksheets very interesting. I assume the moderators think the text is copied from various sources. Please comment on that... Did you copy the texts?

You may solve the problems by adding a few follow-up activities - reading comprehension, jumbled key words, gap fill... All these exercises can be finished within 5 minutes...
Milka, can you update the worksheets if they are in "Abuse reports section" ???
Did you try to add the follow up questions?

3 Nov 2010     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

Well, take a look here: http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=london#thetop

3 Nov 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

If the worksheets are just text which has been copied and pasted from the internet then they are always in danger of being reported and removed and indeed this often happens.

3 Nov 2010     

milka74
Poland

Ok. I understand now. Thank you for all your replies and some help.

3 Nov 2010     

navarrovizcaino
Spain

I had the same problem!! and I haven �t even told which ws it is that I have copied from somewhere else 3 years ago!!!!! It is the first time it happens to me and I am waiting for the moderators to let me know cos I don �t remember copying from a website! I �m not saying they are wrong.. I just need to know which ws it is so I can explain myself. how long do I have to wait for a reply? another 3 years??? sorry I dont mean to be rude.. but if you blame me for anything at least you need to show me the ws you have deleted so I can see the problem and in case it was my fault ( I �m really shock and as far as I know...I tend to do all the ws myself, although i might.. I repeat I might have taken some examples from other sites, although not in purpose as I am perfectly AWARE of the rules of this site and I have always followed them.. or that �s what I thought.. cos now i �m very confused) I �d make sure it doesnt happen again.

3 Nov 2010     

navarrovizcaino
Spain

sorry.... a very important word missing lol :
"I havent even BEEN told..."

3 Nov 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >