Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported worksheet    

Reported worksheet

Anielli
Brazil

Reported worksheet

I want to know why my worksheet was reported. I used pictures of cartoon characters, is it wrong? I see this kind of picture in a lot of worksheets here. Please, give me your opinion. Thanks!

8 Nov 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Because of this.

Your version was simply not original enough and several people agree with me on that.

I let this one slide the other day.

8 Nov 2010     

Anielli
Brazil

I didn �t know your worksheet. I �m sorry if we had the same idea. My students are learning clothes, so I did the game. Then I decided to publish here. And the pictures are different too. Teachers could use both of them, but it �s not possible because of some selfish people.

8 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I am very sorry, but you must be joking. You use multi-colored boxes, you use the same lines in the middle with spaces between them and the frame, you use the rounded textboxes, you have the pictures on the same side as me (compared to the wording), you just happen to have had the idea to use some Simpsons pictures and then mixed in some other characters because there were not enough Simpsons pictures available, right? And my clothes domino also just happens to be the one with the most downloads in that category, so the chances that you actually did see my domino and imitated it are close to zero.....

8 Nov 2010     

Anielli
Brazil

All the domino games I know have the same design. I �m really sorry if you think you discovered this game.

8 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I am perfectly aware of the fact that I did NOT discover the game (and I did say so on the reporting page), however, your design was too similar and if lots of other people hadn �t agreed with me, your domino would still be here. Simple as that. And people do disagree with me at times. 

8 Nov 2010     

Anielli
Brazil

No problem! I �ll use with my students and they �ll love it!!!

8 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Righto! They sure will ;o))

8 Nov 2010     

lshorton99
China

I have to back Regina on this one - I looked at both worksheets and yours was just too similar - the exact same layout which was why it was reported and also why it was removed. Like many people, I assume those who voted for removal, I don �t believe in coincidence (or leprechauns). If you can prove that you didn �t copy it then you should send a pm to Victor but, to be honest, I find it hard to believe.

I �m also sad to learn that Regina didn �t discover the game of dominos. My whole world view has now changed...

Lindsey

8 Nov 2010     

MrBaggins
Taiwan

I consider myself a fairly new member at this site.  I love this site. I am a frequent reader of the forum (although not a contributor~~I am shy). I love the links people provide in the forum. I haven �t uploaded many worksheets as of yet for a few reasons.  The first being I don �t make many worksheets for my students (they are adults and we have plenty of resources at our school).  The second reason, to be quite honest, is that I am TERRIFIED to upload.  There are so many rules and I am trying to understand all of them.  I know that you can not upload a worksheet that has been copied either from this site or another site.  That is very clear and of course understandable.  Concerning this post are we now saying that we can not upload worksheets that are "similar" to other worksheets on this site?  If that is the case then I have seen several worksheets that are similar to each other.  For example, pictionaries!  I am sure that if you search this site you would find many worksheets entitled "Transportation Pictionary" or "Parts of the Body Pictionariy" etc.... Are these also breaking this "rule"?  Is it actually a rule?

8 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

@MrBaggins...No reason to be terrified. No harm will come to you or your family if you upload anything. You might get chastised for copyright enfringement, or for stealing someone �s idea...but all in all no real harm. Remember  no physical harm will come to you although I cannot assure you that you will not suffer emotional or psychological trauma. Good luck. Ed

8 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >