Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for French frog ´ s site    

Looking for French frog ´ s site

franknbea
United Kingdom

Marieth�, I fully agree that the members you stated would not use a roll of honour or some such recognition as motivation to share their work, however I do maintain that such recognition would go some way towards repairing the �hurt � or �damage � caused by the hundreds of people who download their work and never bother to thank them or acknowledge them. Oh, and as grateful as I am for your inclusion of me in a roll of honour,Smile I far from consider myself among such illustrious company. I am,  however, very motivated by such hardworking people and would always strive to join them one day.
The point of a roll of honour is to show newcomers as well as the ordinary members:
"Look! This is what you can achieve, and we do recognise you if you do." Not just reprimand you for making a mistake or report you out of jealousy as Zailda so rightly put it.
Guys, we are only teachers, not angels, or Gods. Some maybe fabulous teachers(Marieth�Wink) and absolute models of this wonderful profession, but still only human beings, capable of making the same mistakes everyone else does. Some �walk � around here with such a holier than thou attitude that you could be forgiven to think butter wouldn �t melt in their mouths, however, with the amount of time they spend here critiquing or sniping at others it makes you wonder how much teaching they actually do, but they are not the ones we are refering to in this thread. So as ordinary humans we crave attention and recognition as much as any other, something along the lines of this thing I �m suggesting would be at least part of a solution.... I think

20 Nov 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

@ Marion, I agree with you.
If people started showing appreciation by leaving a simple thank you, maybe some people would not feel taken for granted.

20 Nov 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Our problem ( if we have one ) is just this simple:

We lost a terrific, intelligent, hard working, creative (and all other adjectives you can look for ) member.
I �m sad, really sad, such a colleague who has helped me so many times, in so many difficult ways, who made more than expectable, who ALWAYS made public all what she knew and was able to do - she was used to teach what she knew- she didn �t keep anything within the sleeve.
I remember one of her posts - something that quite amazed me . She wrote something like this :
I �ll write a tutorial, but my PC is in French and I have some doubts as to some English words words. Some days later, Froggy uploaded her tutorial.

People, This is work for the whole amount of teachers all around the world.

I learned a lot with you, Froggy. You taught me more than more, you taught me to and how : share.

Here, I want to write down all my deep thank you - sometimes, in our lives, we cross our way with some very  SPECIAL PEOPLE - it is a honour to have my way crossing with yours; it �s a honour to say you are a friend.

THANK YOU FROGGY.

YOU ARE A MUST - KEEP ON

Clap    Clap   Clap  Clap   Clap   Clap   Clap   Clap Clap

21 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

I am soooo sorry to hear Froggy left. I hope she comes back some time later.
I love her worksheets and I am happy she generously left the tutorials and online exercises...

Froggy WE MISS YOU!!! Cry  Please please come back!

21 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

How about a bit of perspective here. There are 445,524 users here, most of whom wouldn �t know frenchfrog if she leapt onto their laps and bit them. Does anyone seriously think this site has gone to the dogs simply because one member has - for her own reasons (she hasn �t actually �shared � them, as far as I �m aware) - decided that her own sites/blog have priority. But good on her anyway: her work is still excellent (the bulk of it is just not on ESLPrintables) but is still, fortunately, downloadable.

All the language of �bereavement � is slightly over the top: she �s not dead, she �s just on a better site (her own).

21 Nov 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Perspective here, Almaz, is to know and recognize how much we, many of us, have learned with people who , meanwhile have left.

In the old days, we didn �t have a forum full of so many insignicant doubts. We discussed what we needed, what we could help, what we knew.
I miss those threads, I miss Frenchfrog, Icha, Meuze, and so many... I already miss two of my dear friends who have died.

This is a point- this site has been a family, a real one, we exchanged tons of info, educational issues and also private. You can say that we are not here to exchange our private life, but, if we do, we get laces, we get friends, we get to know that someone, in some distant part of the world is well, is better.

Now, Laurence hasn �t decided her sites / blogs had priority -  she went away because , here, people, misbehaved.

A pitty.

21 Nov 2010     

jecika
Serbia

Almaz ... if you had been here from the very beginning of this site you would have thought differently

sorry to see froggy decided to leave but I am not surprised at all ... once upon a time this used to be a happy place full of positive energy ... it might be only me but somehow this site doesn�t  feel like home anymore

21 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

So frenchfrog left because some people �misbehaved �?

21 Nov 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Bet it, Almaz.

I didn �t speak with LAurence about this, but I have spoken with some other people.

You can bet, sometimes, we are in the mood, sometimes we think:
What the hell am I doing here with people around teasing ?

Linda

21 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

What the hell am I doing here with people around teasing?

You must have extra sensorial perception, Linda. You have just read my thoughts.

21 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3