Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > SOME MEMBERS HAVE REPORTED MY WORKSHEETS TO VICTOR    

SOME MEMBERS HAVE REPORTED MY WORKSHEETS TO VICTOR

JUANBEGI
Spain

SOME MEMBERS HAVE REPORTED MY WORKSHEETS TO VICTOR

They say they are copies. Maybe they are right. I don�t remember having copied anything from websites. However, it is true that I had some files saved some time ago and I have used them for many years with my upper secondary students. Honestly, I have just received some messages from close friends but I promise I wasn�t aware they could be placed in other places. If so, I beg you pardon but, believe me, it was not my intention. You can notice I�m a creative maker of my own worksheets. Please, check it out. I think it would be really cruel to close my account (as some members suggest) when i have been contributing for almost three years and when most of my contributions are exclusively taken from my own efforts. I will delete those pages where they have found copied sentences of which, I repeat again, I wasn �t aware. I had them in an old  file. Sorry once again but don �t be so cruel cancelling my account. Hugs from Spain

21 Nov 2010      

sanchezos
Serbia

Hey, you didn �t commit a crime, did you? If you made a mistake, I think that one sentence ( �Sorry, I will remove the worksheets �) would be enough.
Don �t get upset.... we are humans, we are allowed to make mistakes and to correct them if possible.
Enjoy this lovely day!
Hugs 4 you

21 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

A good idea is to save all ESL downloads by name and author.
that way you know who made it and can also find that author again
if you like their work.
It also saves the embarrassment of forgetting that it �s not yours!

L

21 Nov 2010     

JUANBEGI
Spain

I don �t feel embarrassed at all. Lybertybelle, these are the typical files we have from different partners, which we use from students and which don �t contain neither the procedence nor the author. I had those files years ago. Sometimes we exchange them with different partners but, believe me, the procedence was unkown to me. Shall I give you my head?

21 Nov 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

"these are the typical files we have from different partners"
You won �t have a problem if you only upload your own creations in future.
The rules are clearer now on this than they were when you first joined.
"If you have a worksheet that you didn �t make yourself (borrowed from a colleague teacher, for example) don �t send it. It might be taken from a website or book, and your account could be banned on account of it."

21 Nov 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

You don �t feel ashamed?!
OMG, I would ! if I uploaded something which isn �t mine. The rules are clear for everyone and uploading something that was created by your coleagues is nasty - at least.Thumbs Down

21 Nov 2010     

squirrel24
Italy

In this site mistakes are not allowed... I think you are in good faith, but here some people seem to be like bulldogs, waiting for the right moment to jump on you. Don �t worry too much, cancel your ws and enjoy this lovely day!! Hugs

21 Nov 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

we �re all human--what a terrible thing to say!@

21 Nov 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I also have worksheets that go years back and sometimes it is hard to keep track of where we obtained the material.  In those days things were much simplier.   
I now make sure that I write the source and creator of the worksheets.
As cauffeepot stated, we are all human.  Enjoy your Sunday.

21 Nov 2010     

sanchezos
Serbia

We are humans! You �re right, IT IS a terrible thing 2 say 4 somebody who calls himself/herself coffeepot (cauffeepot) LOL

21 Nov 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

At least, JUANBEGI, you don �t flagrantly copy and upload something. I reported someone yesterday for uploading a test from Macmillan Straightforward. The "creator" was stupid enough to leave the WEBSITE ADDRESS on the worksheet! I checked, and sure enough, it was a copy! I �d have had no real idea otherwise, since I never visited the Macmillan site before, nor have I used the Straightforward series.

Lesson: if you don �t remember making it, change it before you upload. Then it �s your work.

21 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >