Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WONDERFUL PROJECT STARTED BY FRANK & THE ESLP CAFE FOLK THAT I WANT TO TELL YOU ABOUT    

WONDERFUL PROJECT STARTED BY FRANK & THE ESLP CAFE FOLK THAT I WANT TO TELL YOU ABOUT

juliag
Japan

WONDERFUL PROJECT STARTED BY FRANK & THE ESLP CAFE FOLK THAT I WANT TO TELL YOU ABOUT

Hi everyone,
I hope that you are feeling rested and relaxed after the holiday and that your first few days back to work have been fruitful.

Frank has given me the OK to share with all of you about the wonderful project called "Teachers Without Borders" that he initiated and put together with the support and help of some of the regular and, like me, less regular visitors to the Teacher �s Cafe here at ESLP.

The idea was that we would each write a poem, a short story or an essay, and they would be combined into a book that would be sold over the Internet, with 30% of the royalties for each book sold (and 50% of the royalties of the downloadable version) going to a children �s charity that was elected by the members of the group.

The teachers involved will all be familiar names to you I think:

Anaisabel, Anitarobi (Anita), Ants (Fiona), Denisa, Franknbea (Frank), Isabelucha, Jayho, Julia G, Lucia, Mariannina, Marieth� House, Pooh Bear (Petra), RainyP, Sara, St�phanie and The Greek Professor (Effie). The collective name for the group is: TEACHERS WITHOUT BORDERS.

The chosen charity was: UNICEF.

Frank has also made a wonderful website which can be found here:
Here you can leave a message, read excerpts from the book, enjoy a photo slideshow and more.

I hope that many of you will visit the website and enjoy browsing it and leave a message to support this wonderful and giving project.

The book itself, Teaching Children fom the Heart, can be bought here:
It is not expensive, only 15 dollars for the paperback version and 10 for the downloadable version. It is worth mentionning that if you buy the paperback version then the cheapest chipping option is the First Class Shipping option. Only 10 dollars to Japan, which I didn �t think was bad. And if for some reason you want to buy several copies, the shipping works out much cheaper per book.

I have already ordered my copy and can �t wait to read the poems, short stories and essays of my dear colleagues around the world. Those of you who are interested, please do check it out and buy a copy if you feel so inclined.

I know I �ve already said it, but I just think it is so great that teachers from around the world can put their hearts and minds together and collaborate to produce a book full of original work from which some of the profits go to a children �s charity. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Frank and the other members of the group for being the special people they are. Also to thank Victor, as if it wasn´t for ESLp these people wouldn´t have been brought together in the first place.

Sorry for taking up so much space in the forum, but I really felt this is something that lots of you would be interested in reading about.
Hugs from Japan to all.
Julia

7 Jan 2011      

Sara26
Brazil

Yes Julia, this is really great !! I can �t wait to get my copy either!
Thanks again Frank for all you have done!
Has anybody told Victor yet?

7 Jan 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

What a wonderful and generous idea!!! Thank you Julia, for letting us know about it! God bless you all for all the kindness in your hearts. This will only be the first of a beautiful collection of books!!! Can �t wait to get my copy!

Congratulations to Frank and the team!!!!

Hugs!

Mar

7 Jan 2011     

Nebal
Lebanon

Well, Frank has done a fantastic work with all the wonderful members who shared in the project!!
I wanna congratulate you all for being soooooooooooooooooooo thoughtful, generous, creative, and good-hearted!! Congratssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss on the publication of the book!! You deserve all our repect and admiration!! I �m proud of you all!!!:)))

Happy Butterfly

7 Jan 2011     

serene
Greece

Hello everyone! I hope you won �t mind my taking some space on the forum to repost my message from the cafe.
Good morning, dear friends!
I dropped by today to congratulate you all (Frank, Anaisabel, Anita, Fiona, Denisa, Isabelucha, Jayho, Julia, Lucia, Mariannina, Marieth�, Petra, RainyP, Sara, St�phanie and The Greek Professor) on your joint project, Teachers from the Heart. I �ve downloaded the book and though I haven �t read it all yet, I �ve browsed through it, and I felt like sharing my feelings with you. I was so amazed and touched to recognize bits and pieces of each one of you in your writings! Big smile You really wrote from your heart because each contribution reflects your personality (to the extent I �ve got to know you over the time we �ve been here together). I �m sure that even if your names hadn �t been mentioned, it would have still been easy to identify the writer of each poem and story. To pick only an example at random, how could I ever fail to recognize Sara behind these verses ...
Taking a stroll
Along this beautiful path
What else can I wish
Besides this wonderful sensation of peace?
(I would like to type the whole poem but I wasn �t sure if it was right to do so without her consent)
... since many times she �s told us about her favourite pastime and she �s posted here pictures she �s taken during her strolls.
So, congratulations again to each one of you my friends!! Hug

P.S. Julia, I wish I could write so beautifully as you do! I �ve always admired the personalised thank you notes you leave under the new contributions. And your post today is an excellent piece of writing!

7 Jan 2011     

Mariethe House
France

I once knew a little girl who walked her dog in the pitch black night and although her eyes could hardly see, her heart was guiding her and she wrote the most incredible messages to send all over the world up above there in the sky.... From her hands white petals that she would pick from the blooming cherry trees around her would fly up to the immensity and draw what we now call the milky way.
Thank you Julia.

7 Jan 2011     

Tecus
Hungary

Thanks all of you from my heart! I can �t wait to read the book!

7 Jan 2011     

gkole70
United States

Wow, that is very cool. Congratulations to you all!!!

7 Jan 2011     

Sara26
Brazil

Serene, my friend, it wouldn �t have been a problem if you had typed the whole poem! I �m glad you liked it! Heart

And this is the book cover in a photo by Mariannina, who was the first and the lucky one to receive the first paperback version (how I envy you!! thanks for the pic!):

7 Jan 2011     

mariannina
Italy

8 Jan 2011     

Sorcha
Portugal

It �s always good to learn that generosity subsists. Bravo!

�What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.�

Sorcha

8 Jan 2011     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >