Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Points    

euflorinas
Greece

Hello forum,

I �m a teacher of english and a school owner at the same time. I posted a ppt last night which has been downloaded 14 times but I haven �t been granted my points yet. Is there something i am doing wrong? Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance

7 Mar 2011      

mena22
Portugal

Hi euflorinas! Welcome to the most wonderful site for teachers of Eng�lish as a 2nd language.

After midnight Spanish time, you �ll get your points. Check the FAQ.

Have a wonderful day.
mena

7 Mar 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

School owners do not receive points for posted materials, only full-time English teachers. Pig Sorry. Cry

Another reason might be that it takes up to 48 hours after posting to get your points depending on the time zone you �re in, so if you wait a bit longer you should be be okay. Cool

7 Mar 2011     

perma
Greece

hi there and welcome!
your ppt is in today �s contributions and will stay there until 1 hour after midnight in Greece! 
You will receive your points then.

Are you flying a kite today?

(Today �s tradition in Greece, we have the day off as well Beer)

Have a nice day everyone!!!

7 Mar 2011     

Sonn
Russian Federation

http://www.eslprintables.com/faq.htm
The question you asked is the first one there.

7 Mar 2011     

euflorinas
Greece

Hello perma,

and all the rest who replied to my post. Unfortunately I am not flying a kite today. Firstly because the weather is very cloudy and strong winds are blowing and secondly i have the most tough task in a teacher �s life... too many essays to correct for the proficiency classes Cry i hope the rest of teachers enjoy the day, though

My love to all

7 Mar 2011     

mariannina
Italy

Hi, sorry, I know it �s off topic, but...why don �t you tell us more about flying kites today. Why today? What does it represent?
Thanks a lot.
Mariannina

7 Mar 2011     

euflorinas
Greece

Flying kites is a tradition in greece which takes part outdoors as part of the celebration "Monday of Lent" and "Koulouma" during whichday we fly kites up high in the sky. This is the first day of the Lent which basically is the beginning of the Easter "Pascha"..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite

I hope I have helped you.

7 Mar 2011     

perma
Greece

I �ve never asked myself why we fly kites particularly today! And I �ve no idea.
However, have a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Monday
to learn more about the celebration Smile

7 Mar 2011     

mariamit
Greece

For all those who are interested and since wikipedia gives only the religious facts and doesn �t really explain about the kites I can add some more. The kite flying is actually a remnant from the pagan times. In Ancient Greece, children tied pieces of triangular cloth (and tried to get them to fly by running to gain speed. The idea was to actually "look up into the light (sky)" thus symbolising the end of darkness (winter) and the beginning of Spring. There are many traditions in the Orthodox religions that have their roots in the pagan traditions of ancient Greece and Rome.
Clean Monday, although a strictly religious holiday, has lost much of its rigid religious character and is mostly celebrated throughout Greece today with gaiety. If the weather is good- which this year isn �t, we fly a kite. Even if we don �t, we all try to go out into the open air and get our first  taste of Spring.
I hope that explains it a bit. Here, in the south  where I live it has been raining since this morning- usually a blessing for us, but today a curse. Now τhe sun has finally come out so I �m off to fly my kite.

Maria

7 Mar 2011     

mariannina
Italy

Thanks to all of you. I �m always curious to know how people give interpretation of official traditions. There are so many differences from place to place, as it happens in Italy, which is, culturally speaking, "the daughter of Greece"! Thank you again.
Hug Mariannina

7 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >