Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > To whom it may concern    

To whom it may concern

superstar2000
Turkey

To whom it may concern

Hi, this is rose95. As you all know my membership has been cancelled because lizsantiago has reported my wss  as not an ESL resource which I believe has been done on purpose. I am not a newcomer and I know the rules as well as you all do. The cliparts  I used are taken from iclipart which I have paid for. They may be only cliparts and there weren �t any additional exercises on them simply because the idea was to use them as classroom posters. I am really disappointed that there are people with bad intentions here doing whatever they like and getting away with it.

I want to thank my dearest friends who believed in me and encouraged me. With your support I WILL GO ON CONTRIBUTING!!!

With all my respect and love

G�l

P.S.I am not blaming lizsantiago for reporting my new contributions as only cliparts which I see as classroom posters (there are tonnes of them on this website). I wish she would have warned me first because I am not a newcomer. I have been contributing for a year and a half and I had over 25.000 points which should tell you something. Plus she has gone through all my wss and reported some others which were uploaded nearly a year ago. So can someone please tell me what good did she mean with this act?

19 Mar 2011      

Colorful Dandelion
Germany

The same thing happened to me with blunderbuster
I lost my points and my friends and i don �t want to share anything more with this site where somebody can easily kick you out by reporting and Victor does n �t care about it!

19 Mar 2011     

coyote.chus
Spain

As I said on a previous post, it is impossible that one person �s reporting makes an account result cancelled. The moderators (most of them) have to vote against removal to remove one ws. If moderators don �t agree and vote AGAINST removal, then the ws is not removed and it appears among the recent contributions the following day. So, Gul and Colorful Dandelion, don �t speak about members here, sometimes there are unfair reports, but moderators argue and the decision is taken by the majority. If your accounts have been removed, that means that different worksheets were reported AND that the moderators AGREED that they had to be removed. Moderators, in the plural, not Lizsantiago or Blunderbuster.

19 Mar 2011     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@rose95 AKA superstar2000 and Colourful Dandelion

I�m pretty sure that no account has ever been cancelled just for the fact that the owner had uploaded non-ESL resources or wss which contain copyrighted images... Or have I missed something?? Have new rules been implemented while I stayed away from this forum for quite some time?! As far as I know, your account will only be removed if you try to cheat, e. g. by uploading copied wss.

PLEASE, do not attack others in public!! Here �s an extract from the forum rules:

Don �t use the forum for personal attacks. Those kind of posts will be removed by the administrator.

I totally agree with Chus!! :-)

THANK YOU.

19 Mar 2011     

superstar2000
Turkey

If so then could you explain why my account was cancelled although I didn �t upload a copied wss. And I also want to know if it�s OK to reupload my old wss which I believe to be really useful.

19 Mar 2011     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Write a PM to Victor, dear... He �s the only one who can take this decision back IF he wants to! ;-))

If there was nothing wrong with your old wss, why not? I would upload them again if they really were my own creation.

19 Mar 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Rose, that is not fair to take this matter on the forum.
I also voted for removal because as I understand the rules, you can use their clipart for personal use only, even thought you pay for it (and I read the rules of iclipart more than three times yesterday to make sure). And it seems most of the moderators were of the same opinion, otherwise your wss wouldn �t be removed, would they? So blaming Liz publicly is not the right thing to do IMHO. You have to also blame me and others.

But I also wrote it wasn �t fair to report all your wss at once without any warning.
As far as I know, Victor decides whether the account will or won �t be cancelled, so he is the one you should write to, not here.

@Blunderbaster,
  sorry, but I don �t believe your account has been cancelled without reason. It �s so unfair to say this. You were very active here so you should have known how to contact Victor, if you think you were  treated in a bad way

@Silke, nice to see you back.;o)

Michaela

19 Mar 2011     

swissprof
Switzerland

What about people having bought other cliparts online on or CDs. There are some cute series with little girls or children for examples , will they all be banished ?

19 Mar 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@swissprof,
there are sites they allow you to use their clipart for distributing if you pay for it. But iclipart is not that case.

19 Mar 2011     

lady_gargara
Turkey

mj misa

You are right all about.
But there is something wrong with the cliparts � use. Everybody uses this site �s cliparts in their wss. There must be commen rule for that site.

19 Mar 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@Lady Gargara,

not everybody. I mostly use clipart of Phillip Martin and before I started using it, I had asked him for permission.

19 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >