Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Frustrated    

Frustrated

cram.jon
United States

Frustrated

I am a new teacher.

I would gladly pay to use this website... but let �s be honest, the reason I am here is because I don �t really have an arsenal of my own.  Any worksheet I make already has one on this website that is 10 times better because of fancy graphics and nice layout.

Is there no way around this?  I need materials, not this frustration trying to get these points.

28 Apr 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

Welcome to eslprintables!!! Wink

Tutorials    Templates   Please have a look there. Free stuff.
Check these too :
Rules and instructions    F.A.Q. 

Please read the bookmarks as well - a lot of free worksheet websites

http://www.eslprintables.com/bookmarks/buscar.asp?eje=30&page=87&level=0&category=0&contents=&orderby=#thetop

English for Everyone

alenkas printables

and check the blogs of our members as well
http://notredamke.rkc.si/english/
http://www.zailda.com/
http://en.islcollective.com/ - worksheets from various contributors

If you get 30 points for your original worksheets, you will be able to download 10,000 free worksheets a year.

28 Apr 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

I understand how you feel because when I joined the site I also needed materials and did not know how to make nice worksheets.  But soon I learned and before I knew it I already had the 30 points I needed to download 30 ws per day.
Follow Moravc �s tips, use the tutorials and join this wonderful community!
HeartWelcome!

28 Apr 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Welcome to ESLP....! and as Anna says, please be patient. Upload your work, don �t worry if there are nicer worksheets or not, maybe someone will like YOURS and download it!!! In a very short time, you will have 30 points, that �s all you need in order to get free access to 30 of the NEW CONTRIBUTIONS... so you can download 30 ws EVERYDAY!!!

Have a great day!

(please check your PM)

Mar

28 Apr 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Welcome. Yes one can get stuff w/o contributing by asking members to give you ws or ppts. Some will comply others may not. Having said that, contributions is what keeps the site going. If no one contributes then there wouldn �t be anything to download. It really doesn �t take that long to get 30 points. With a few decent ws that you contribute (see the links to templates and tutorials) you �ll have your points. Give it a try and don �t give up.There are many good people here that will help you along. Ed

28 Apr 2011     

lady_gargara
Turkey

Welcome to eslp :)

When I firs joined this site I thought that I wouldn �t download anything but in a short time I have had enough points to download everything I need.
As moravc mentioned we have great templates and tutorials from our generous members and they will help you. If you need more help please send a pm :)

Nebihan

28 Apr 2011     

_babz
Canada

if you �re going to survive as a teacher, you �re going to need to improvise and get creative...you can �t depend on the charity of others nor easy your way out of doing things....

...so look what �s out there....and get inspired!

28 Apr 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Babz is right.  Just get a template and go from there.  You will see that you will have 30 points in no time at all.  Don �t spend your time worrying about creativity, instead spend your time trying to create a worksheet with the templates that are already available. Good luck, you will see it isn �t too hard.  Most of us had trouble with our first worksheets and have greatly impoved since then.

28 Apr 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

The best thing about this site is the inspiration you get and the motivation to learn to do amazing things yourself. Don �t give up. In the meantime, you �ve got mail ;o)

28 Apr 2011     

libertybelle
United States

It �s not the wrapping - it �s the content.
You might have something- a new perspective that others don �t have.
Don �t give up - make some good worksheets with a lot of information or/and
activities.  You can do it!

Don �t forget we have many members who don �t even have a copying machine.
They might just use a simple but good ws like yours on a projector.

I look for a ws that will keep my students busy a whole hour -at least!

28 Apr 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

It �s worth trying, trust me... don �t think of it as frustration - think of it as a challenge! ind your �inner child � - kids love challenges! We �ve all been there, but it proves to be such a rewarding experience in the end...

28 Apr 2011     

1    2    Next >