Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I uploaded a worksheet and it has been downloaded 3 times but i didn ´t get any points    

I uploaded a worksheet and it has been downloaded 3 times but i didn ´t get any points

soylentgreen
Belgium

I uploaded a worksheet and it has been downloaded 3 times but i didn ´t get any points

Can anyone help with this little problem?

I registered a new account and uploaded a worksheet as requested. 

I waited 24 hours as requested.

My worksheet was downloaded 3 times:

However, when I try to download a worksheet that I want:

I am unable to and I get the following message:

You have 0 points and you have made 0 downloads.

You have to make a contribution (send us a printable) in order to get more points.

Every time your worksheets are downloaded by someone else, you get one point.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

James Wellington aka SOYLENTGREEN

3 May 2011      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I believe that as a teacher you ask your sts to read the instructions before they start doing anything. So you should do it as well - read the rules and FAQ. If you did so you would know that it takes 2 days before you´ll recieve the points. That means if you uploaded the ws yesterday you will recieve the points when? Tomorrow!
P.S: You should remove the link to your ws as advertising on the forum is not allowed.Stern Smile

3 May 2011     

Mariethe House
France

just send me your mailaddress james and I ´ll see what I can do to help.

3 May 2011     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

your points will be given to you tomorrow, so tomorrow you wil be able to download.be patient!!

3 May 2011     

soylentgreen
Belgium

Thanks for responding.

MJ Misa ´s answer sounds unpleasantly belligerent, pity his or her poor students to put up with that kind of personality in the classroom!

Lilia Taamalia ´s answer was condescending but polite.

Mariethe House ´s answer was the best as it dealt with the issue rather than going off on a tangent as the other responses did.

Anyway I will read the FAQ when I have a free moment, and I don ´t consider putting a link to my worksheet in a Help question in order to explain a problem as "advertising". 

If obliged to by Forum Nazis, then I will delete this question altogether and ask the Ministry of Propaganda in Peking to add this site to their list of blocked websites as it promotes independent thinking.  Just joking there, but the last thing a forum like this needs is belligerent mall cops.

Thanks, Marithe!

3 May 2011     

yanogator
United States

James,
It seems that you don ´t agree that you should have read the instructions and FAQs, as MJMisa so belligerently requested, before posting your question. Do you resort to name-calling with your students as you do here? Do you teach these behaviors to your students in a formal way, or just by your example?

Bruce

3 May 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

@Yanogator:  Clap

3 May 2011     

douglas
United States

The Prof is back??

3 May 2011     

mariec
Spain

It´s such a pity that we have to be so unpleasant on this wonderful forum.

3 May 2011     

sawer
Turkey

if one doesn ´t mean to be really helpful and kind to new users , then why would he respond a post?

i am not sure whose behaviour i should consider as an advertisement!!

3 May 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello James.

FAQ � Why haven㦙 I got any points?

The points from your uploaded worksheet take 2 days.  Wait two days and you𠑥l have the points.  Be patient the points will come.

FAQ � How do I download 30 free worksheets per day?

First you need to become a 𡦖remium Member�.  This happens when you have 30 points.  Please remember that you need to wait 2 days before the points are counted.  Then you can download 30 free worksheets from the recent contributions that you will find in the "show all" section on the home page or following this link:  http://www.eslprintables.com/recentcontributions.asp

3 May 2011     

1    2    Next >