Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I īm really confused???    

I īm really confused???

rose95
Turkey

I īm really confused???

I īm really confused about reporting the wss with the iclipart cliparts. We all know that there is a rule against using them now. I see wss being reported for this reason every day which seems to be the right thing to do. But in today īs contributions one ws is reported for this reason whereas another one isn īt. So lets clear this please. Are or aren īt we going to report these wss? If we are , why are there some exceptions and if we aren īt , then will we be allowed to use them on our wss again?

21 May 2011      

Mabdel
Morocco

Dearest Rose!
Hope you īre doing well. Icliparts are no longer to be used in this site. There is a clear rule abt it.
Have a look at this thread.
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=27703
Have a nice weekend.
Best regards.

21 May 2011     

rose95
Turkey

I know it better than anyone else because I can īt use them any more although I am a member of iclipart. So the bottom line is; no one is using them under any circumstances and it is our duty to report them no matter who uses them.

21 May 2011     

Lidukas
Russian Federation

Oh, my God...
I have had no opportunity recently to visit this site regularly (my sweety daughter Natalie was born on February, 15, that īs why I was absolutely absorbed with the new role for me - the role of a mother))))))

My today īs ws contains lots of images from iclipart...
What am I supposed to do now?!!!!!!!
What about some of my earlier contributions?
I īm really SHORT OF TIME these days! I have no opportunity to change all the images, moreover, I can hardly remember, where they are taken from...

I īd better to withdraw all my materials at once...
Greatly disappointed, no motivation left to create worksheets further - I īm on maternity leave and have got few students left... no school...

Have no words...

21 May 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Rose,
sometimes I go through new contribs but I usually don īt have enough time to check them all. Have you think of that the person who reported today īs contrib with iclipart could have not to see the other ones because he/she didn īt go through all today īs wss? There is too much ado about this topic despite of being written so much about it already. Just search the forum. I don īt think there was the need to start another thread on something so clear.

21 May 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dear Rose,

I guess the above scenario happens if people report ws they come across by accident. What you are suggesting is that people actively go and look for others which use the respective clipart?

Interntet addiction is on the rise, yes.

21 May 2011     

rose95
Turkey

I don īt believe that anyone goes through the daily contributions seeking for wss to report. Moderators report wss while they are going through and downloading the new contributions.

And MJ Misa, do you mean that the person who reported one ws with the iclipart was going through the wss and reported a wss and  then stopped looking at the wss? How is that possible?

I saw wss not being reported at least two days in a row whereas some others were for the same reason. So back to the same question: Are or aren īt we going to report wss with the images taken from iclipart no matter who he/she is?

21 May 2011     

perma
Greece

Hi rose.
I suppose you īre referring to a worksheet reported by me today, as you have commented about it at the moderating page, too.

This WS may or may not have i-clipart cliparts on it, actually I can īt recognize them and I can īt really care about the dispute concerning i-clipart. The reason I reported it is that there are two WATERMARKED images on it. I have also added a comment at the moderating page, saying which exact images have the watermarks. 

As to why people report one WS and not the other, I guess it īs obvious. I don īt think everyone here can have the luxury to go through every single WS every single day. I ususally look at new contributions no more than twice a week and even then I don īt open all of them, just the ones that seem interesting. If I see something wrong, I usually go ahead and report them. And I only report when I īm absolutely sure it īs against the rules, as was the case here.

Btw I find it quite vexing that people should upload watermarked and copyrighted images while other people may spend hours looking for free pics or even draw them themselves or just not upload their WSs here if they can īt find free images that suit them. 

21 May 2011     

Lidukas
Russian Federation

I īve deleted my ws "In other words...", though I īve spent precious few minutes I have every day creating it... I know that the material is really useful... I īll try to change images and reuplode it some day. Sorry about violating the rules... I was unaware und I īm too frustrated to comment any more...
Thank you for understanding, dear colleagues,
Best wishes from Russia,
Lydia.

21 May 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Personally, I don īt report  wss that īmight � have iclipart images for the simple reason that I am not sure the images came from Iclipart. I have membership with another graphic  site that have some of the same images.

All this hullabaloo  as it relates to Iclipart simply is not worth it! just choose other images.... who do you think will lose in the end..... iclipart of course!!

21 May 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

I īm with tech_teacher here.
People have to be careful when reporting printables with iclipart pictures because I īm a member of another graphics website and they have pictures that you can also download from iclipart. 
How can you prove that a person used the pictures from iclipart? Unless you can prove it, it should not be reported.

21 May 2011     

1    2    Next >