Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to delete a submitted worksheet and why people can download them and I get no points at all?    

How to delete a submitted worksheet and why people can download them and I get no points at all?

m.farvas
Malta

Arrogance and rudeness are training wheels on the bicycle of life -- for weak people who cannot keep their balance without them.

- Laura Teresa Marquez

24 May 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

And quoting pseudo-Gibranesque gibberish is going to change people�s minds?

AND it�s not as if a) nobody advised patience and b) CG wasn�t told that she had downloaded  four identical worksheets as a result of ignoring a), leading, of course, to c) the current post, which compounds the errors in a) and b). In my opinion.

24 May 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Friends

Just a few lines to make things clear, between us, if you don �t mind.

First:

I wasn �t born perfect, but I do, believe me, work hard trying to achive what seems necessary to my professional life.

Second:

I have always been humble enough to ask for help.
Never, ever, will you read me claiming for anything people are offering me, with such a caring and sharing feeling. Instead of claiming, I ask, first, I thank in advance  and I thank in the end- that �s why I have so , but so many friends here, in this site.

So, once again, here I am  to say a big thank you to all of you, my friends, who have taught me so much and helped me in so many ways.

Third

You are judging for what I wrote, but didn �t give you the trouble of checking previous posts to see what could be around.

Keep in mind and soul, I work like a log, but I really mean it- I have had huge difficulties in these last four years, four in a row. I have a huge family, a happy one, but it is a heap of work, I have an old mother living with me, with more and more frequent attitudes and behaviour of senility.

However, I became a member here, so, I feel I have duties - I am supposed to upload my work, regularly - that has been realy a nightmare these last times, I am supposed to check reported printables, which, in fact, I haven �t been doing that regularly, I am supposed to help people in the forum, and that I do, whenever I feel I can do.

But, one of the rules of this website is "Read the rules " People don �t... OK. We advise and people come back, the very next day, and the one following always raising "non problems ".

You should know we have had many trolls around, and now, we have another one.

I was doing the dirty job, the job some very well educated people don �t want to do and prefer to turn their faces the other way round.

Last, but not least, many people here know I see very badly, and when I have to turn on the lights, it comes very hard, for me, to type and check - so, my friends know I type with some typos. It was the first time someone pointed me a finger.

Be sure, I thank you a lot for that, you made me be more careful about that, because I know that not everyone who reads me may understand it.

Just today, early in the morning, a friend pmed me and, as usual, I received something big and beautiful. ( Thank you so much, Carmina )

And I answered and I lit a candle:

For love and peace, for caring and sharing, for Good Will and Friendship.

You can see it here, it will be burning for about 48 hours. You can go there and light one of yours.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=13413254

Have a nice week

Linda

25 May 2011     

coasvaf
Portugal

Oh Lord! So many sad and unnecessary comments. Well, no other words...

Dear Linda: remember? "nevermind some bad gossip sometimes".
A big, tighty and warm Hug!
C�rmina. 

25 May 2011     

cinnamon_girl
Brazil

Hi,

First of all: Linda, thanks for such a warm welcome.... I�ll remember to go back to the place where I belong (whatever that means to you).

I read some of the rules but things in practise always work somewhat differently... I �m having a hard time in this website, many of the tools don �t seem to be so affective or they simply don �t work. Maybe is something with my computer, but I guess not!
There are lots of rules here and honestly, I don �t have the time to read all of them, I wish I could but I work lots and lots of hours...
A Forum was created for that, right? To ask and look for help when things aren �t working or can �t be done in the traditional way. The notion of "bothering" people because I posted a question that might have been asked before is totally exaggerated. If you �re tired of the same questions, well, then let the others answer. Simply as that. Don �t bother answering.

xxx.

25 May 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Dear Cinnamon girl,
reading just SOME of the rules is not an excuse. When you signed in, you accepted ALL the rules, not just a few (I�m afraid that your lack of time is a common problem here). This is a generous  and welcoming community, wouldn �t it be nicer to admit that you made several mistakes and , perhaps, were even a bit rude?
Why insisting on staying in a place you dislike?

Nowhere in life does everything work perfectly all the time, actually it hardly ever does. But I have the feeling you have noticed this site has a lot to offer, am I right? Why then not just look, wait and see what you can offer instead of demanding? I bet you �ll be glad to be part of the group very soon!

Welcome! Hug

25 May 2011     

cinnamon_girl
Brazil

Thanks for your reply but I don �t get it. I made several mistakes? Yes, I uploaded four times the same document and posted 3 questions here asking for help. I think you people are too concerned the way the message is given and not its content.  I �m sorry but that �s a poor way to evaluate things. Just not very reasonable. 
Each person has a way to express themselves and I write things in a more objective way and perhaps more straightforward and I shouldn �t be judged because of that. I shouldn �t be judged because when I speak there aren �t flowers coming out of my mouth or because I didn �t write Kisses or Hugs in the end of my message.
This is a HELP FORUM and I asked for help. 
I seriously don �t know what you are expecting to read here. 

And besides that, we are all teachers, some of us are graduated on that and some are not, but the point is that we all know that a message cannot be read as a verbal message, and yes a written message and since we �re dealing with letters and expressions everything �s too literal to be judged like that.

I consider the grammar mistakes I have seen here in this forum to be more damaging and absurd than my message. Seriously! 

Anyways, it saddens me to see how people attack each other sometimes for such silly reasons.

Let it be, for god sake. 

And by reading all the rules, you cannot expect everyone to have the same pace in reading the rules. Some of you might take 1 day and some might take longer. I plan to read as I said but things worked differently then what I read and that�s why I got here (I said that before, funny I have to repeat that... hehe)

And what comes to that... Thanks for all that gave me clarifying answers regarding my questions.

I don�t plan to keep on answering the threads here in this post. Too harmful and unfortunately a waste of time. This is a space where people could be using for more interesting subjects... I�m from Brazil, you�re from China and Spain and etc... So many things we could be talking about it but no... People don�t get a grip. 

Bye for now!

25 May 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Of course, that �s ONE way to solve the problem, getting away from it, perfectly acceptable. But, see?: you hate grammar mistakes, some others consider rudeness a lot more harmful. Don �t forget we don �t know you yet (though we �d be glad to),we are not familiar with your expression and your moods (that takes some time, I �m afraid), so entering here kicking about and breaking the rules is probably not the best way to ask for help and / or expect to be warmly accepted. And, yes, most of us are graduated teachers, so shouldn�t we all know how to behave?

25 May 2011     

cinnamon_girl
Brazil

Gosh, I didn �t even have time to close the tab and more offenses! Haha
This is like a mafia! I wouldn �t be surprised to wake up tomorrow and had my profile deleted! 

"entering here kicking about and breaking the rules" 
so before I was someone who didn �t read the rules.
Now I �m breaking the rules?

"Getting out" is the most clever way to solve that, because if you try a little bit harder, you will see that this discussions is heading nowhere. NOWHERE.

You gonna think you �re right and I �m gonna think I am right. And then what? All the wars started like that. 

I �m a "pacifist" when it comes to wars and that �s why I plan to spend my time on healthy discussions and not argumentative-silly-pointless discussions...

Being graduated gives you a bigger and stronger ability of reading and understanding, comprehending what �s written and what �s being said. Nothing to do with behavior... It �s supposed to be and work as a compound that helps us to keep a  balance in our judgment. 

I must sleep now. As long as you might consider that "getting out of problem" or whatever, I do need to sleep! hehe

bye, take care.

25 May 2011     

< Previous   1    2