Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > What īs up with that?    

What īs up with that?

justinwade82
Thailand

What īs up with that?

I want to know why my Yo Mama was reported. It īs real street english that encourages students to be creative in using adjectives and writing metaphors. Goes great with hip hop lesson plans and 8 Mile.

7 Jun 2011      

ALI ALI
Egypt

Hello Justin,
well the one who reported your w/s stated that it isn īt an Esl resource, moderators are now voting for or againist it, if it deserves to stay you will have your points back tomorrow, but if it īs voted not to stay then you īll recieve a Pm telling you that it īs been removed. if you feel it to be unfair send a note back to the moderators now. Good luck..

7 Jun 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Just a question - do you talk to your sts this way... no "hi, please, thank you..."? 

About your ws: A clipart , few empty bubbles and 1 sentence doesn īt make it an esl-resource.

And I don īt like you talking about our wss like they were some "crap", as you state in the description of the wss :Yo Mama
Another great and REAL ENGLISH exericise using real hip-hop style dialogues and not bs. esl boring crap. My students love it. Love watching and writing their own hip hop battles.

You should be more respectful to other members here.

7 Jun 2011     

justinwade82
Thailand

first of all kids have to write and create their own metaphors.  They are being creative making it an esl resource.  After all my kids love hip hop and hip hop slang.  Its no different than writing their own poetry, dialogues and etc.

7 Jun 2011     

justinwade82
Thailand

plus it encourages their language building skills with street slang and vocabulary

7 Jun 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

The rules are clear, and according to them, your "ws" is not an esl resource. If you donīt agree, you can contact Victor (after it will be removed)

7 Jun 2011     

mariamit
Greece

MJ Misa is completely correct! Your description about other " not bs. esl boring crap" is an insult to the rest of us here. Show a little more respect. The moderators will decide what should be done about your worksheet. If you want to help students "write and create their own metaphors" and " encourage their language building skills with street slang and vocabulary" you could add some examples of these to the worksheet. Then it wouldn īt be just a few bubbles and a clip art picture!

7 Jun 2011     

wonderful teacher
Egypt

try to update your work sheet and send it again  . try to listen to others they are giving you great advice

7 Jun 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

maria, michaela  Clap

7 Jun 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

The "Yo mama" posting is an example of what we call ranking. It is a way of putting down someone else by insulting their mother, father, family etc. or the person himself. I īve seen some TV programs where they have competitions using this format, but it still is what it is, putting someone down or insulting them or their family.

7 Jun 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Surely justinwade82 didn īt know that, either ... Thank you for the explanation, Ed !

7 Jun 2011