Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New year    

New year

wolfy
Chile

New year

I have a question for you, which ESLPrintables user will see the New Year first?

17 Dec 2008      

libertybelle
United States

It probably depends on who has the "least" hang-over!!
*S*
But remember, we all reach the new year at different times!
L

17 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

that��s what I was wondering, not as easy as which country sees the new year first as maybe we have no one there now. �So come on who reckons they�ll see the New year first, let me start by saying not me or anyone in Chile.

17 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Well... probably some really dedicated GMT user... I will say that right now, it WILL not be me!! LOL  I don�t plan on being anywhere near a computer then! 

17 Dec 2008     

ParaguayMK
Korea, South

Well, I�m teaching in Korea now, which is currently GMT +9.  Unless someone on this site is between Korea and the International Date Line, I might see 2009 first.

18 Dec 2008     

campbelldavidson
Japan

Hello
Being literally in "the land of the rising sun" means teachers in japan will see it first....

Cheers

Campbell

18 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Anybody here on Christmas Island?�

There�s a few places before Japan:

18 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

If I was at home on the east coast I would be the first to see the New Year.  NZ is the true land of the rising sun!  GMT +12.  Alas I will not be there for a further month so it won�t be me!  Maybe 2009 - 10 New Year

18 Dec 2008     

cindymchugh511
United States

I thought the same as Campbell.  It must be Japan "the land of the Rising sun" but here is the line up.
Japan is number 10!

1st  Christmas Island
2nd Chatham Island, New Zealand
3rd Wellington, New Zealand
4th Chukotka, Russia
5th Kingston, Australia
6th Sydney
7th Adelaide
8th Vladivostok, Russia
9th Darwin
10th Tokyo

18 Dec 2008     

campbelldavidson
Japan

Wow.... Thanks for the info..... Slightly off topic but when I climbed mount fuji people all said we were the first people to watch the sunrise on that particular day... Is that true??

Sorry not an esl question at all.....

Campbell

18 Dec 2008