Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Avatar!    

Mariethe House
France

Hallo everyone. Hope you �re having a nice saturday full of joy and loveSmile
Here today, I want to start a new topic to write about and eventually some of the answers,  you may use  for teaching.
So I am interested in the avatar  you chose. Why did you choose it, what does it represent/ mean for you? If it is your photo why did you choose that particular one? Only those who want to answer, can answer. Anyone who doesn �t, doesn �t have to!Big smile
I �ll start with mine! Almost everyone here knows my avatar is a photo of my little grand daughter, whom I call princess.This photo is rather special as it reminds me of a special happy  moment when she asked for a rose in the garden and ....the emotion of this very moment gave me inspiration for a poem I wrote.  I want to share it with you.
( some of you know it already... Forgive me for the repetition:
The
rose is crying

She had plucked the petals one by one�.

She had tried to inhale its fragrance till she could  breathe no more

She had looked uncertain at the beauty she was holding in her hands

She had felt a pearl drop on her hand

On her knee and then

to the ground.

�mummy� she had said:

�The rose is crying!�    

And it WAS!                                                                                                                                   

The rosiness of her cheeks �......

When will roses stop crying?                                                        

30 Jul 2011      

mariannina
Italy

Marieth�, ma soeur, the reason I chose that avatar is easy to understand:
it �s the emblem of Sicily, I live in Terracina (near Rome) but my "home" is Sicily and I am often homesick!
Ciao

30 Jul 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

I chose my Avatar to make up the annoying advertising slogan redbull gives you wings you knowWink.

30 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

I had replaced the avatar of me with that of my dad who passed away in April of 2010. I replaced his picture with that of my new grandson who was born in April 2011. My grandson �s avatar brings a different kind of ache to my heart.

30 Jul 2011     

Mietz
Germany

My nickname here is Mietz and that in German is a nickname for cat.
I love cats and I finally got my own one again in March. Smile
So my Avatar (at the moment) is my cat - Pauline - in my bedroom (where she isn �t normally allowed), thinking, that she �s hiding behind the curtains while trying to work out what she could do with my cactus (called Fred).

30 Jul 2011     

t.gyorgyi
Hungary

I like doing sports very much. I play volleyball three times a week that �s why I chose this pic. Smile 

But this summer I cannot do any sports because I sprained my ankle. Ouch 
I hope in September I �ll be able to start playing again! Smile

30 Jul 2011     

Mehlika Sultan
Moldova

These are my life.
Mehlika is one of the names of my little girl
Sultan is a nickname for my son

30 Jul 2011     

lady_gargara
Turkey

I love smiling :) My love loves my smile :) I love making people smile by smiling :)I also love people who are smiling!

30 Jul 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Marie

When I was about 4 or 5 years old, before going to school, my father bought me one of those vintage wooden pencilcases, which I loved. It had a sticker on the lid - yes, my avatar - but, my cute and lovely dog decided to nible the whole lid, but in such a way that the pencil case ended in the trash, just a few days after my daddy had offered it to me.

One day googling for vintage clipart I found this cute collection and decided to use it as my avatar.

Silly reason to pick an avatar - lol

Linda

30 Jul 2011     

class centre
Belarus

I just love my school. I know it is not like others ( I mean the classroom). It �s my joy and pride.
That �s why I wanted to share it with other teachers.

30 Jul 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Not silly at all Linda! very touching really!
Thank you Mietz, Lady, Ed , Melhika, Gyorgy,Redbull, Mariannina...and class centre.   How interesting to know what �s behind , or who, rather is behind the picture!

Waiting for more!Smile

30 Jul 2011     

1    2    3    Next >