Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Farewell    

Farewell

maker1
Turkey

Farewell

I am not going to post anymore worksheets. I won �t delete my account but I can �t continue to contribute any longer since one of the moderators has become a prosecuter, judge and even ordering people what to do. I can �t imagine myself being put in the position of the member who was accused of theft just because she used a few pictures from a clipart site which meant nothing to the excellent contribution she made. I will miss you all but I have no other options.

11 Dec 2011      

manonski (f)
Canada

I don �t know what you are talking about since I �m not a moderator but if the person is acting like you are describing then the wrong person is leaving the site.

On another hand, the rules are clear about the use of cliparts. 

Your contributions must be your own creations. You can use free images from cliparts or other free sources. You can also use images that you have subscribed to and paid for.

You can �t publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since it �s against their terms of use.

Wising you all the best!

12 Dec 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

As a moderator then you have the opportunity to use the "comments" in the "reported page". This would be most helpful as you may be able to enlighten more than yourself. No one is a perfect moderator, but I can assure you that many of us are independent thinkers and don �t readily follow others. Hopefully you will come back and help this wonderful site and community once more.
Manonski, I really hope you will contribute more since you would make a great moderator.

12 Dec 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi maker1

I don�t know who you are referring to but really no-one has that power.  They can make their POV known via the comments but they can�t force how other moderators vote.  It is up to other moderators to then challenge and vote accordingly.

In terms of clipart there are rules and if the rules are broken then the WS should be reported and moderated.  There are indeed some grey areas when it comes to purchased clipart but this where a healthy discussion can help moderators decide.  If a WS is unfairly removed then all the member need do is contact Victor.

Finally, you do have options and only you alone can decide which option to take.  One option is to stay but not moderate as many others do.  Please do what is best for you but if you do �farewell us� then you will be missed by many.

Jayho

12 Dec 2011     

maker1
Turkey

I think, I have a need to clear the air and say exactly what I do mean. It wasn �t one of my worksheets neither reported nor removed. I am not objecting to the reporting but to the manner it was done by � �mena � � who accused the contributor rather blatantly which was wrong. The contributor could have been asked to remove the cliparts via private mail instead of saying � � please do not steal clipart. Log onto www.thistlegirldesigns.com to purchase. � � which should also be taken as promoting.

12 Dec 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I �ve learned that life is too short to let things that really do not change our lives affect us in this manner.  Rules should be respected and perhaps the person may have just wanted to point this out.  Sometimes things are taken in the wrong context when written on the net, and may appear harsher than is meant.   Think again, of the advantages and disadvantages you obtain from this site before leaving. 

12 Dec 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Exatly, does it  matter in the big scheme of things. Rules got to be respected, for sure. It �s just as though you visit someone �s house and the owner askes you to take off the shoes :) Will it matter tomorrow if you take off your shoes, no... A month from now...? unless you wear different socks and the owner is your girlfriend :))
Very often the negative outcome doesn �t matter as much as we think it will.

Cheers!

12 Dec 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

I don �t understand Unhappy anything of this... including MapleLeaf �s shoes & socks story...
Please enlighten me!

12 Dec 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Sorry, I meant to say to look at the situation from a different point of view and to try to find the evidence to support that contradicting opinion which is likely would be more realistic and positive. I usually do it in my case and it helps. The bottom line is not to jump into conclusion and leave. About socks and shoes is just a little bit of humor.

12 Dec 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Maker 1, please do not accuse Mena22 of being harsh or judgmental.  The message � please dont steal... log on to www. thistlegirldesigns.com to purchase was hidden in the properties of clipart I used... Mena22 was only quoting so that it could be verified by other moderators.

The message was not unlike the ... �no right click � option one would use to protect the clipart on  a personal website/ web page.

Once again you have accused Mena22 unjustly.  I hope this clears up the misunderstanding!

12 Dec 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

Thank you, MapleLeaf!
 Smile I love humor

12 Dec 2011     

1    2    3    4    Next >