Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Why do not any body help me!!!!!    

Why do not any body help me!!!!!

akvillina
Iran

Why do not any body help me!!!!!

This morning I asked a question but no body answered it.I think the reasen may be my poor English or Bad spelling ..or may be my nationality..........This is not my first time that i receive no answer .I feel so lonely here
But i think before every thing we are teachers (although i am a student in teacher training center).Help me improve my English and try to be a good teacher.
I ask my question again and i hope i receive at least one answer this time.
HOW i can teach four skills?whats your ideas?and if it were possible please send me some usefull papers on this subject

thanks in advance!

18 Feb 2012      

almaz
United Kingdom

Mahnaz, there are teachers here whose English - including spelling - is a damn sight worse, so I shouldn �t worry too much on that score. As far as nationality is concerned, I doubt if anyone here really cares if you �re Iranian, Iraqi or Irish.
There are many reasons why you might not get a response. But for starters, I �d advise you to narrow your question to something slightly less awesome than �how do I teach the four language skills? �. 

18 Feb 2012     

mariec
Spain

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/rosmy/

http://iteslj.org/Techniques/Bazo-FourSkills.html

Try  the above sites,
This is a marvellous site,I really don�t know why you think anyone would have anything against you. Just be patient, I�m sure you�ll receive lots of replies.
 Hope you have a lovely day Sunday.

18 Feb 2012     

akvillina
Iran

Dear Almaz !thanks for your answer and suggestion

So according to your suggestions i would ask How could I teach Speaking,reading,listening and writing?and ask the kind teachers to say me their poits of view?Is it possible to teach all of them at once or not?and is it good to teach them separately?

18 Feb 2012     

Sleeping Beauty
Iran

سلام دوست من
اينجا واقعا مليت اهميتي نداره به نظر منم سوالتو محدود تر كني بهتره
اول سطح شاگردهاتو بگو و بعد بگو چقدر از كلاست وقت اضافي داري؟
بايد تمرين هاي اضافي جدا بدي و كتاب معرفي كني
مي توني به من پيغام بدي تا اگه تونستم كمكت كنم

موفق باشي Smile

18 Feb 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Sleeping beauty!

No disrespect for you or your language, quite the opposite! But writing in a language whose site is only based in English sounds a bit strange....

Could I at least know what you wrote LOL :)))

18 Feb 2012     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Hi dear friend,

When we have a lesson all four skills are practised at the same time. If you want to put emphasis on one of the skills you will have to plan some activities,like pre/while and post.

Again you can use any of the skills as pre-while-post activities.

For example:You can use a listening activity to introduce the topic and then move on to a reading text with activities on the same topic and finally have a conversation and assign sth as written homework again on the same topic.

I don �t know if this is helpful. Hope it is.

18 Feb 2012     

anamcb
Colombia

Hi Akvillina!

Of course it is possible to work with the four skills at the same time. It is important to have in mind that language is not a fragmented system, but an integral one (For further reading you can look for: Freeman & Freeman, Cambourne, Frank Smith and Goodman). 

A reading aloud session is something that could help you to accomplish your objectives. You can plan it in three different stages: pre-reading, during and post-reading. You can carry out conversational activities por the previos stage, diverse reading strategies for the while reading part (reading aloud also includes listening skill), and a writing exercise for the end of the session. You can visit www.storylineonline.net to get more ideas about this type of activties. 

I hope you find this interesting! :)

Ps: This is a really nice place for esl/efl teachers all over the world to share knowledge and find some support to our daily job, so there are no political, and discrimination issues here, we all have something in common: TEACHING, and that �s the only thing that matters! ;). Just be patient, you �ll get your answers.  

18 Feb 2012     

JACMIS
Mexico

HI,
I�M GONNA GIVE YOU SOME DETAILS ABOUT MY ENGLISH CLASSES BECAUSE I�VE HAD THE SAME QUESTION.

FIRST WE START WITH A INTERESTING READING, IN MY OPPINION IT DOESN�T MATTER IF THIS ONE HAS DIFFERENT GRAMMAR THAT WE WANT TO TEACH BECAUSE WITH SOME QUESTIONS WE CAN IMPROVE THE KNOWLEDGE.

..........FINALLY THE HOMEWORK, AN OPPINION ABOUT THIS AND MANY ACTIVITIES THAT YOU WANT.....

WE CAN CHECK SOME ASPECTS:

THE TIME (IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL IN MEXICO, QUERETARO WE HAVE 3 CLASSES, WITH A 50 MINUTES EACH ONE) .....

THE OBJECT OF MY LESSON PLAN, THE MAIN IDEM,,,,ETC....

WORK WITH A PROYECT IS DIFFERENT

18 Feb 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Plan a project or work around a theme.

For example, if you have a theme about animals, you can get the students to read about animals, talk about their favourite pets, do a research, present how to take care of an animal, write a riddle describing an animal...

18 Feb 2012     

Jayho
Australia

As Mariec pointed out, you �ll find some fantabulous tips in http://iteslj.org/Techniques/Bazo-FourSkills.html

Cheers

Jayho

19 Feb 2012     

1    2    Next >