Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > giving thanks?    

giving thanks?

class centre
Belarus

giving thanks?

Hi there! I agree with Logos. If people do not thank me - it�s their way of attitude. People in general are not very pleasant exept our close friends or the ones who have gathered here on the site. I always try not to take personally what�s going on around me. They download our printables for themselves, not for us. It�s working, it�s OK...
Happy New Year to all of you, both polite and impolite!
Natasha

7 Jan 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Now if there were a �thanks� counter rather than having to put it in a comment, then I�d use it every time. Wouldn�t it be nice to know that all 372 community members who downloaded your work thought it was great, rather than scrolling through the same number of almost identical statements in search of something that may be a pearl of wisdom for improving your work?

I just feel that a comment should contain more substance, as per the comment from Victoria Barachman in FEEDBACK/COMMENTS/REINFORCEMENT

Feedback should be; 
    ConstructiveOuch - So that the teacher feels encouraged and motivated to improve.

TimelyOuch - So that teacher can use it for their future learning.

Prompt - So that teacher can recall what they did and thought at the time,

Supportive of learningOuch - so that teacher can have clear indications of how to improve his/her worksheet.  

ClearOuch- so the teacher can  observe what it fails , reflecting on why it fails to do so, working out a way to improve it, redrafting, reading it through... and so on.

EncouragingOuch emotional

rather than a �so long & thanks for all the fish� type statement.

That�s my view...
But don�t get me wrong, I am VERY thankful to all the members here for their wonderful effort & community discussion.

Now to finish a few things I�m halfway through so I can really make some contributing uploads (but don�t hold your breath... I�m a very busy alien)

7 Jan 2009     

chorima
Spain

I agree on the idea of the "thanks counter", that would be very useful indeed, BUT as we don�t have it, I think that POLITENESS matters (or should matter). I like thanking people for the things that they share with us. Of course this doesn�t mean that I don�t agree on comments having more substance......I think it is a question of "having the time to go through the worksheet" and sometimes we just don�t have that time (or do we?)

7 Jan 2009     

poleta
Spain

I totally agree with you Alien boy.I would prefer a "Thanks counter" rather than use the "Send a comment" box to write allways a nice sentence.

To me It�s a question of having the time as Chorima says.

7 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If we have time to use (& therefore review) a worksheet then of course we can make time to give constructive feedback where it�s needed.

Cheers,
ab

8 Jan 2009