Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > CAPTION COMPETITION, 14/05/2012    

CAPTION COMPETITION, 14/05/2012

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes, we are adults and can use adult words here - having said that there must be some limits. I sent a pm to Linda/Richard (I �m confusedErmm) about dick. It �s fine, applied to an adult man - NOT to a baby, it does sound a bit shocking.  �Wee willy winkie � or something like that is appropriate. Dick is not. It �s your choice olindlima whether you delete it, or just change the word. Love your line, PhilipR.

We still love you olinda.

15 May 2012     

Mariethe House
France

I think the child would use what his parents have taught him!!Smile
However , I think "willy" is more acceptable when talking about a child �s penis.

Don �t worry Linda, we all make mistakes and please don �t feel bad about it!Hug

edit: just found this information:

When Margaret Thatcher was congratulating her Deputy Prime Minister, Willie Whitelaw, on his handling of a crisis, she said, �Willie, you were brilliant!�
And turning to the assembled Cabinet, she commented, �You know, I think every Prime Minister should have a Willie�. LOL

15 May 2012     

mariec
Spain

(Changing the subject)

Santa is getting old, I asked for a bike, and thiiiiiiiiiswhat I get!!

15 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

William �s father always has to go one better than the neighbours.

15 May 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3