Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > never update software which is working perfectly ...    

never update software which is working perfectly ...

MarionG
Netherlands

never update software which is working perfectly ...

Dear people, I need your help..
I love using videos in my classes. We do not have access to computers in my school so until now I �ve been burning youtubes at home to show on a dvd player at school. ....and then disaster struck.... I absentmindedly updated my dvdvideosoft software, even though it was working perfectly...and now it doesn �t work anymore.
Can anyone recommend other EASY TO USE software which allows me to download videos from youtube and convert them into dvd �s?  (I don �t own a credit card so it needs to be a free program....)
When I google ´download youtube´ I get several but I would like tho hear recommendations, it is especially important that it allows me to convert them to dvd files so i´ll be able to show them at school on the ancient equipment there. (and since I am not to great with computers, it should be easy to use)

19 May 2012      

skippy76
Australia

�Real player � is free and you can download videos from most websites. One thing to be careful of though is tht the video is downloaded as a .flv file and may not work on some dvd players. If you have a simple video converter, use it to convert to a more useable file type. Hope it helps:)

19 May 2012     

jarek2011
Poland

I use VDownloader - it is user-friendly and it is a free software. I have never had any problems with it

19 May 2012     

joy2bill
Australia

I use http://dvdvideosoft.com/ at home but at work because I have firefox I have installed http://www.downloadhelper.net/install.php  Both are great because I get a choice in format. I agree NEVER UPDATE. I did this with my smart notebook for my IWB and it just killed my programme.
Cheers Joy

19 May 2012     

htunde
Hungary

Hi Marion,

I use zamzar.com. It �s an online way to convert and download files and it �s free.

19 May 2012     

paola.e
Italy

It is freeI use a-tube catcher (it is free). to download, then I save videos on a pen-drive.

19 May 2012     

languaria
Germany

I prefer the realplayer free edition. It offers a special download button (which works with the internet explorer but not with firefox) and - if it �s not included - you can download the free realconverter. 

19 May 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

aaarhg, I am soo frustrated! I downloaded the vdownloader Jarek recommended but even though i saved as dvd files, they don �t re-play on a regular (not computer) dvd player.
Youtube downloader (which is the biggest one to come up when googling) doesn �t let me convert to dvd files without paying for the upgrade. DVDvideo soft which Joy2Bill suggeted is what got me in this mess in the first place and I �m on a constant email exchange with them to no avail so far....I will try the others but need to know (to avoid further frustration) if they allow burning a dvd which will play in a regular dvd player.
What makes the whole thing even more cubersome is that I do not own a dvdplayer (since I do not have a TV) so I can �t try them at home so there are a few hours of suspense (since on the computer they are fine) before someone tries them on a dvd player and informs me they don �t work.

19 May 2012     

starrr
Brazil

use ANY VIDEO CONVERTER to convert the files from youtube..

http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/any-video-converter.htm

IT WORKS VERY WELL AND IT IS "FREE."

TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO EM .FLV FORMAT I USE THIS:

http://www.keepvid.com

u do the downloading directly online and then you use ANY CONVERTER to convert your videos to MPEG 1 OR MPEG 1

to put the videos in your DVDs for any TV accepts and DVDs use NERO below.

I use this method and all videos works fine on the tv of my school.. and no problems in any way..

TO BURn DVDS U MUST DOWNLOAD

nero burning version 7

http://www.downgratis.com/programas/nero-7-premium-7960-serial/

19 May 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi starrr,
the Nero I use is indeed �6 �. I never used it before to burn dvd �s since the dvdvideo software did that for me. I do use it to burn audio discs and now i am a bit scared to update (after what happended to my dvdvideosoft program....
paola, I cannot use a pendrive, I need to know if it converts to a playable dvd disc

19 May 2012     

starrr
Brazil

NERO 7 or above are very good versions to BURN any type of DVDs and CDS... you should not be afraid to instal them. but first u must remove your old version.

put it in a CD before removing the version 6...in this way you can go back to this old version if the new ones don�t work ....do a backup of the files of NERO 6....before removing it...and install the new version..

better then you UNISTALL ur software that is causing troubles and reinstall it again. did u try it already?? have u a copy of it (BACKUP)? IF NOT DOWNLOAD THE VERSION U HAD again..search for it online.

u can also use those links I have metionated and burn it with your NERO 6....try it out it is the same TO BURN AUDIOS and the same burning DVDS..try it out. or maybe ur NERO 6 does not have the option to burn DVDS.

I think that windows XP or windows 7 has also an option to burn DVDS at least I can do it here..... try it out. just look to it at ur computer.,find it on windows explorer...search for windows burning...

YOU CAN ALSO search for the OLD VERSION OF the software u had and that was working and reinstal it after removing the new one version u did...just remember to RESET your computer after removing the version that is with problem.. just after the reseting  u must reinstall the old version again ...

19 May 2012     

1    2    Next >