Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Who stole my picture?    

Who stole my picture?

lady_gargara
Turkey

I agree with languaria.
Most probably she doesn �t know that it is yours or copyrighted.

25 May 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

I believe that here in the USA, all written material and pictures that are published in any medium (including on the Internet) are assumed to be copyrighted with all rights reserved unless specifically stated otherwise. ESLP states otherwise for contributions:

Copyrights:

• The documents included in this website are property of their authors. When you send us a printable you agree that other people can download and use it.

• The documents included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means whatsoever. That includes publishing them on your website for your students � use.

I think US law applies since (correct me if I �m wrong) the ESLP servers are in the USA, even though the administrator, Victor Gayol, is in Spain.

However, if you post something on the Internet, people can and will use things without permission. We �ve all done it. There are no police to enforce this. So it �s usually up to the copyright holder to enforce his or her rights. That �s what VictorOK is trying to do. I personally believe he �s being a jerk about it (what harm is a defunct avatar picture going to do?), but it is his right.

25 May 2012     

zailda
Brazil

Many sites include a warning before you upload your avatar: you have to upload a picture you own or have the right to show next to your name / nickname.

A lot of members at this site use clipart, cartoon characters or famous people �s pictures as avatars, they don �t want to show their faces or have other reasons (which I won �t question now or at any time), but they should choose a picture distributed from sites that have a public avatar gallery, instead of using pics they don �t know they are allowed to.

BTW, if a member doesn �t want to upload a personal picture, there are many ways of providing one that won �t make him get into trouble in the future: a picture of his hand, his garden, his pet, his PC desktop, his eyes, and so on. 

25 May 2012     

foose1
United States

How would anyone know if the avatar you are using on this site is being use by someone else? Come on get real! Avatars are avatars and you do not pay for them or own them. If you make the picture yourself, then nobody but you can use it. 
 Why argue about something that can be logicallly thought out?
John

25 May 2012     

foose1
United States

Why doesn �t Victor not have any points nor mention that his Avatar was generated by him and he owned the copyright.  If an Avatar is free to download, anyone can use it.  Sounds like someone is as confused as I am over this conversation.  If he/she stold my picture, then I would be upset.  In fact, someone asked me to join them on facebook and the Avatar was a picture of my wife.  I asked my wife who would use her picture and I never got an answer.  Eventually, the person floated off into La La land and I cannot find them on Facebook anymore.  More than likely, it was her sister.

John

25 May 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

My avatar on this site is a picture my husband took when we were on vacation. He said I could use it. It isn �t our restaurant, though.

And edrodmedina, would you mind getting another avatar? Les/idhthemagician had that one first. You �ve made your point; now please go get the picture of the cop spraying tear gas or something for your new avatar.

25 May 2012     

baiba
Latvia

Ed, you are sooooooooo naughty! Party

25 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Ha-ha! Ed?!!!
Sophia

25 May 2012     

perma
Greece