Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Blame the teacher!    

Blame the teacher!

Apodo
Australia

Blame the teacher!

15 Jun 2012      

melahel7
Canada

So true!  I can �t believe this is a worldwide phenomenon....

15 Jun 2012     

papadeli
Greece

15 Jun 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

This makes me glad that I teach adults, and that I don �t give grades!

15 Jun 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=9862

Sophia

16 Jun 2012     

Mariethe House
France

I sent a post the other day on that topic and how to handle it. It is a serious matter!
I am afraid teachers have become the surface of projection of all angers and frustrations.... But here we are! We have to put up with it and try to make the most of it for the kids �sake and our own sake! Here �s the article below which is dealt with a humorous way! After all this may be the solution. (humour!Smile)

http://www.educationworld.com/a_curr/voice/voice082.shtml

16 Jun 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

That �s right Mariethe (btw I read the article you �d recommended), but let �s face it there are other teachers out there as well. With all the nice folks here, I know it �s hard to believe, but there are corrupt insensitive teachers just like there are irresponsible parents. I am a parent and a teacher (like many of you here) and I myself had to call a teacher to the principal �s office when she insulted my child in front of the whole class making him a laughing stock, to teach her a lesson and prevent that from happening to someone else �s child. BTW she wasn �t even my son �s primary class teacher but a teacher who organizes events in the school and she came just to collect money for the photo for the school board of honour (not sure about the term) which he obviously had forgotten to bring. So there are always two sides to the story.
Sophia

16 Jun 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

One thing I love about my boss is that he does not take crap from anyone. He knows the students as well as I do and when  parents come to complain, he takes the time to sit with them but one thing he does not do is "buy peace".  This make a huge difference in the teacher �s lives in my school. We know someone has our back.

Last week, he was meeting our future students � parents. I was in the next room and I heard him say: " I don �t work for parents, I work for students. However, I �m willing to work with you".

The problem today is that people think that because they went to school at some point in their lives, they know how pedagogy works and they think they know how to run the school. It is sad and very far from the truth. 

16 Jun 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I get the feeling (working at a private school) that parents feel the "right" to complain and demand whatever they think is the case, just because they pay for their child �s education. I have had to meet with parents who had such farfetched demands and accusations I found it hard to believe! I also have to thank, like Marion, for a very down-to-earth principal who always backs up his staff (well, there are some employees who happen to be "unbackable", sadly...) I sometimes feel that school has become, for some parents, a place where to leave their children to get educated in every aspect of life, not just academically. And when we have to call a parent in to make him/her aware of his/her child �s behaviour or attitude, they put the blame on the teacher because we don �t "know how to manage a class" ... Then again, there are many teachers such as the one Sophia mentions, who I sometimes wonder how on earth they decided to become teachers ... 

16 Jun 2012     

Daisee
Vietnam

true true true

16 Jun 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

16 Jun 2012     

1    2    Next >