Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Rude comments    

Rude comments

Maria Isabel
Peru

Rude comments

Does anybody know how to delete comments on one of their worksheets?
there are some people on this site who don not deserve to be part of it...I think they just want to discourage us and waste their time writing rude and insulting comments.....
I think the majority of teachers on this site do a great job and take a lot of their time to prepare exercises to share with others and it is not fair to be treated so badly...
I don�t know if it is possible to delete those comments...or what else can be done, do you know?
Thanks
Maria Isabel

21 Jan 2009      

LA LUNA
Mexico

well, I don�t think that�s possible to do by us. The only one who could do it is victor, the owner of this site. Were you insulted hard?

21 Jan 2009     

Maria Isabel
Peru

I blieve that�s fair...i mean that victor is the only one allowed to delete comments....thanks I�ll send him a message...
I think jackal not only meant to insult me but all...if you want you can check his comment on one of my worksheets ...it�s a selfstudy guide.
thanks for your reply.
Regards.

21 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

wow just read it.... and words cannot convey just how awful it is. PM to victor and I am sure he will delete it!

21 Jan 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

How insulting!!

If its any consolation, I don�t think that comment was directed at you or your worksheet, it sounds as if it was written as a response to the website!!

He/she (Im guessing its a he!) doesnt have any points, and i think thats his problem.  He doesnt appear to be impressed with having to upload material in order to be allowed to download . 

Some people expect everything in this world for nothing!!

21 Jan 2009     

flaviatl
Argentina

Im sorry Maria Isabel that you got such an awful comment but as cheezels said, I don�t think it was directed to you.
I remember reading in the forum a similar complaint and almost as rude as this comment... I wouldn�t be surprised if it was the same person.... Sounds like he /she wanted to leave a comment in the forum and by mistake, left it in your ws and then, he /she realized how to do it and posted a message in the forum ... I remember many members answered that message... Does anyone know what I�m talking about?

Anyway, I think we should ignore this person who has 0 points and hasn�t contributed with anything...

21 Jan 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Exactly!!

21 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I think that that person is not interested in sharing anything. He/she is only interested in getting us angry, that is, provoking our reactions. He/she may be the type of person who enjoys provoking. You can ask Victor to remove it but i wouldn�t mind about his rudeness. It doesn�t seem to be  aimed at you!!!

21 Jan 2009     

LA LUNA
Mexico

Pay attention only to the possitive comments but don�t forget that the negative ones makes us work harder and much better.

21 Jan 2009     

Maria Isabel
Peru

Thanks for all your advice..I�m sure you�re all right I�d better not worry about it and keep on working....

A big hug.
Maria Isabel

21 Jan 2009     

giovannademartin
Brazil

Dear Maria
Of course it was not only about "YOU", but about "US". At least I�ve got to know your ws (excellent!!!!!!)...rsrsrsrs

21 Jan 2009     

1    2    3    Next >