Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Another "never ending story" : COMMENTS!!!!!    

Another "never ending story" : COMMENTS!!!!!

spring
Turkey

Another "never ending story" : COMMENTS!!!!!

Some behaviours do not change.
I see it better the more I experience with people..
There are many things we talked about to find a solution for the best but no positive result.
Leaving a comment is one of them..
I cannot urge people for this behaviour but I feel myself obliged to "thank".
This is what I have been taught by my family and teachers.
Why do you feel yourself too slotful to leave a comment????
Of course we aren�t always convenient or we do not have enough time yet this shouldn�t be turned into an attitude.
Comments encourage teachers,they give teachers a way to practice their teaching or enlighten some problem areas.
I looked at tomorrow�s contributions and found the downloaded ones at the first page without any comments!!!!!
I wouldn�t feel more upset if those worksheets were prepared by me.
We owe creators of the printables much so please let�s praise them whenever we have time..
(You don�t need to write anything,we said enough about this topic but in the hope that some people may change their attitude,I wanted to share my thoughts with you again )

24 Jan 2009      

JUANBEGI
Spain

I totally agree with you. Sound arguments...

24 Jan 2009     

mumekaren
Argentina

I agree 100% with you spring! always the same , but I won�t give up. Those lazy people should learn about manners! Are they teacher , don�t they teach their students about manners? Aren�t they models? Is it too difficult to type THANK YOU???

24 Jan 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Dear Spring,

I agree with you 100%.

Saying thank you is good manners.
Saying thank you is acknowledging others work.

We have to remember how lucky we are to have this site where we share our work and we teachers not only save a lot of time we get inspired by others wss and ideas.

PLEASE, BE KIND AND SAY THANK YOU EVERY TIME YOU DOWNLOAD A WS.

24 Jan 2009     

sedefg�l
Turkey

And, when I see the thanks left for my printables, I become really happy, and sometimes read them later. Feeling happy and appreciated, I find the courage and power to prepare worksheets more.
Leaving a thank is a sample from our characters I think. It shows that we give value to work, sharing, help, and that we really understand the work that person has done. 

24 Jan 2009     

natyhatt
Argentina

I agree with you. I always try to leave at least a Thank you when I download a worksheet. Of course sometimes I forget to do it I�m downloading many worksheets at a time but it�s not my intention.�
What�s true is that only a 10 - 20% of the people who have downloaded my ws have thanked me. Is it so difficult? We all like to receive kind comments... We should start leaving them ourselves more often if we want to receive them.�
have a nice weekend!Wink

24 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

I couldn�t agree more. I found it really hurtful last week, when I received hardly any comments on my worksheets and I find it a disgrace to see fantastic worksheets over 40 or much more downloads and 2 comments. What are these people thinking?! :-(

I fear though, that that isn�t going to change and somebody (I think ladybird) said last week, that the most important thing should be, that our students appreciate our work. I started looking at that problem from that point of view and it helps. This has been an ongoing subject and still there are little changes, all we can do is bring it up from time to time and don�t stop giving comments ourselves.

24 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I confess that I am a little surprised to see that some members have already downloaded the rest of the cards I have uploaded for tomorrow without leaving a comment... If you left a comment on one of the 3 previous worksheets, that is OK with me (honestly, you don�t have to leave a �Thank you� on each worksheet). But if you downloaded the whole game without writing a little something, how ungrateful you are!!!! I wish I could prevent members like you from downloading my work!!! If only I could!!!! You have no idea how long it takes to make a game!!! The same thing applies to my most downloaded powerpoint with animated gifs. It took me hours to make it!!!!
Unhappy

24 Jan 2009     

skudjova
Bulgaria

I�ve made a calculations and found that only 14-15% of the "downloaders" left comments on my worksheets. I don�t want to think that only 14-15% of us - the teachers are polite and thankful and the rest of us have no good manners. Maybe, they are too busy with their work  to write 2,3 words. If that�s the reason I�m so happy for them!!!

24 Jan 2009     

ignis.fatuus
Poland

are you serious?!?! it�s called "a comment box" not a "thank you" box! i don�t mind if people don�t leave any messages after downloading my stuff. i only do it myself when i see a ws without any, or with few comments. when there are 67 "thank you" messages i don�t even bother. 90% of them say "thanks for sharing"... i�d rather read comments which could help me to improve my work.
and i don�t think i�m ill-mannered :)
greetings

24 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Well, I couldn�t agree with you more Spring, as I�ve already made it clear here at the forum. Well ignis, you can see that of the 11 posts 10 agreed on how important "thank you" notes are. That must mean something. That should make us think about it.

A nice day to you all.
mena

24 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >