Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hi everybody! It is correct?     

Hi everybody! It is correct?

spinney
United Kingdom

On the whole, "thrice" isn �t that common if we are speaking about the English speaking world in general, but in some rural areas of the UK you might find it used a lot more than expected in spoken English. They certainly use it a fair bit in The Fens although three times is still the norm.

11 Mar 2013     

nachidalove
Argentina

thank you very much  for helpWink

11 Mar 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I am just puzzled ... why would an English teacher from the UK (assuming he/she is a native speaker and probably has all the right qualifications) ask this kind of a question? and then why a person who didn �t post the original question would thank the people who answered?Confused
Sophia

11 Mar 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Three times a day is much more common...If you do choose to use �thrice � I would use it with �daily � (thrice daily - rather than thrice a day)

11 Mar 2013     

yanogator
United States

Soophia, you �re just too suspicious!
Marion, I agree that, although both are pretty rare, "thrice daily" would be used much more than "thrice a day".

Bruce  Wink

11 Mar 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@zailda - I threaten to sing if my students misbehave... It used to be a joke, but now they take it seriously!

11 Mar 2013     

Pelletrine
France

Lynne  LOL .... and zailda too.
... I �m sure it would poor down cats and dogs ... thrice daily if I had a try at that !  ... But, hehe: I think I shall try ... at least three times: to see what results I can expect Big smile 

11 Mar 2013     

< Previous   1    2