Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Some things that annoy me    

Some things that annoy me

one for all
Turkey

I totally agree with you.You become the sound of me :)

24 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Yes, it is cheezels! A big, HUGE  GROUP HUG!!!  HugHugHugHug

24 Jan 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

I totally agree with you, Silke!
It IS addictive, isn�t it?!

A good evening for everybody!

24 Jan 2009     

Montypython
France

yes, it is addictive, but I keep uploading ws beacause I could not download 30 ws or less everyday without giving something in return. Heart

It might seem silly but that�s just how I feel.

Lots of hugs, Hug

And as someone said earlier: you�ve all made my teaching better, more fun and just different. Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!!!!! Thumbs Up

Monty

24 Jan 2009     

LoonyDancer
Poland

Well... as long as it�s become a hot issue, I feel to add sth as well...

First of all, I�d like to thank you ALL for your G R E A T work. I�m quite new member here, but I have never imagine a community like this existed. Although I begin my �adventure� with teaching, you guyz just changed my way of thinking... When I uploaded my first worksheet, I thought: ok, let�s see what happens... and then, I became a premium user thanks to your downloads! I was so elated! You could say I didnt have to upload anything more, as from that moment I had those 30 ws each day for free download... yeah, but as some of you�ve already said I feel as I need to do it, cos just downloading sb�s work without sharing anything seems unfair... and as nowodays, the whole society is basically turned gor taking instead of giving, I try to counteract somehow... so THANK YOU that you do the same.

A sfar as topics are concerned... I was wondering how is that there are hundrends of grammar ws here, the ones simply to fill in sentences for example, concerning each tense, why do people need to download them still? I agree that some ws seem to me to be �copied� or better �based� on the others.

I agree with missola that new member are kind of �omitted�. It�s obvious their ws are not that catchy as the older members - already skilled how to do great ws. You rarely see new member�s ws with more than 10 downloads. That is why, I need to thank you once again for my case :p

And, finally, comments... maybe it�s nothing new, but they are really encouraging !!!! Here, I need to thank especially Silke and cheezels for the ones you left on my ws :) I must say that especially at the beginning they are the most important, as if u dont get them, u feel low thinking you worksheets are not worth anything... so, all in all, THANK YOU, and continue your wonderful work. I�m glad I can be one of the members here. It�s an irreplacable pleasure for me.

All the best for everyone :)
Ola

ps. ESL really IS addictive :]

24 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

How can one say "I have the impression that there is a race to get a trophy..."

To me there is no doubt you must be competing yourself, otherwise how can you speak about that???

This is the way I personally  see things: This web site is an extraordinary resource on which I heavily rely to improve my teaching. I never worry regarding points, I send my contributions and as long these can gring some points it�s ok, after all as a premium member I can access 30 worksheets per day, which is largely enough, as I have tones of worksheets on my computer but I know I have so far used, at most, only a quaster of them

By the way I don�t understand members asking victor to make it more than 30 worksheets per day... Sometimes I wonder if these members are using ESL printables  exclusively in their teaching

Finally regardig repetition, this should not be a problem
Members will simply have a large choice when searching for a specific topic, they will preview the worksheets and download what they like, and that�s it

24 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

I just cannot agree with you Dear  LoonyDancer when you say
"You rarely see new member�s ws with more than 10 downloads".

After all there is a beginning to everything
The so called successful old members did not come from nowhere, but also started with less than 10 dowloads too

The new members need some encouragements at least

25 Jan 2009     

LoonyDancer
Poland

yes, I agree with you, but not always their worksheets are not worth downloading. some of them are, but are simple which makes them unnoticeable...

and as for me, becoming a premium member with one ws was a real encouragement. and all the comments I received and receive...

25 Jan 2009     

Im Lety
Mexico

Hi everybody!

We all grow and evolve when we begin a new project...

Each member of this web started exactly the same and each one  have evolved over the time...

Take into account we all have a degree of creativity and some are more developed than others, for some are easier to make this kind of exercises, for some others not so easy...

Every teacher here is unique and different and has its own style and way of working, is the beauty of diversity of this site, find all kinds of work...

Greetings

25 Jan 2009     

missola
Palestine

thanx for all of you who have read my topic and for those who left a reply.
what I want to make clear before replying to any of your comments is that I�m not at all jealous and I don�t even envy anyone for the number of downloads they get for their worksheets or for how successful they are.

as an answer to what some of you have said" where did I get the feeling of having a race here?"
actually what made me feel this was seeing different worksheets on the same topic repeated from the same users. how many worksheets do you think you will need on tenses, animals, transportation or occupations? you will teach it for one, two ,three days? maybe you will need some more practice but I don�t think you will teach the same topic for one month, is that right?
the other thing that made me feel this is big difference between the worksheets uploaded by some members. for example you can�t teach simple present and future perfect at the same time. one more thing to say about this is that english is not only about grammar that�s why I feel happy when I see more reading texts these days and I appreciate the contributors for their hard work (this doesn�t mean at all that I don�t appreciate the grammar worksheets).
as for my reply to "why does this annoy me". I will say that this annoys me because If you download the worksheets of three or four members who upload more than 5 worksheets in one day you will lose all your 30 points.

by the way this was a general message to all who upload several messages in one day and this is not because I envy them or feel jealous or anything else but it is only to pay their attention to this and because I don�t feel it will be nice to send them a private message or to leave them a comment on this point. In this way, it will be a general message and no one will feel that he/she is the one intended in my talking.

thanx again and sorry for this long message
I appreciate all your points of view and it is because I like to know your opinions I posted this topic

have a nice day

25 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >