Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Technical and Commercial English    

Technical and Commercial English

hekateros
Portugal

Technical and Commercial English

Hello everyone,

I am under a lot of stress as next week I will start teaching Technical and Commercial English to two different university courses: Management and Bio Resourses Management. They will have joint classes and I am not sure what to do about the Bio Resource Management group. I found a lot of material on the internet about commercial, finantial and business English, which in a way will serve both groups. However, it seems to me that it is mostly orientated to Management only. I found some texts about environmental issues but I am not sure it will do...
Has anyone taught this subject to similar courses?
Any ideas as to the Bio Resources side?

Thank you Smile

24 Jan 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Just a quick response try this site.

download

24 Jan 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

here is another link

Download

24 Jan 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

esl printables  also has hundreds of worksheets on the topic of environment. just select this category from the topic list on the main page.

24 Jan 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

here is one more link

download

24 Jan 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Here are a few more sites that may be of help I hope.

large file take time to download
download

audi/videos
download

download

download

download

download

download

24 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Where are you hekateros???
Aftab has been more than helpful to you: he has done an extraordinary job, has provided  great internet resources directly related to your request, which must have taken him some time, I guess
And strangely not  a even a simple thank you to him.... ???

24 Jan 2009     

Mariethe House
France

I tried to send you a private message but they said: no user name found!!
this is why:
I have devised an evaluation grid according to adviceI found on the brilliant site given by our canadian friend:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4046

It is written in French and I will translate it into English but I thought I would show it to some French colleagues first to see what they think of it.

Would you mind having a look at it and give me your opinionMariethe

25 Jan 2009     

Mariethe House
France

Actually, my message is for you BRAHIM!

Sorry! I just realized it wasn�t clear!

25 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Not clear at all
Sorry I can�t follow
Could you make it a bit clearer please!

25 Jan 2009     

douglas
United States

Concerning hekateros�s request:

Something that works well for me is to find out some of the large companies that your students deal with (i.e. suppliers, clients, forerunners in the industry) and go to those companies websites and get a feel for what their "tech speak" is.  Internet forums are also good for getting a feel for the right "tech speak".  A lot  of these companies even have websites that you  can view in different languages (built-in translation).  This is also a help, but be aware that the translations are not always right or the best.  Never trust a single site--compare them and make an educated guess.

The term "Technical English" is interesting; it�s kind of like saying "all dialects of English in the world"--you will need to narrow it down.  My experience also shows units of measurement (from microseconds to gigawatts to kelvin) are always good and basic physics terms usually help.  After that you have to conform the vocabulary to your audience.

Douglas

25 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >