Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > a question to native speakers    

a question to native speakers

ueslteacher
Ukraine

a question to native speakers

Dear native-speaking colleagues, what is a room, where they put all resources on methodology (national carriculum, documents, related literature or periodicals, etc) for you to work with, called? What does such a room have on the door plate? I would appreciate your help in this matter.

26 Feb 2014      

ChipW
Colombia

I have seen -

Library

or

Resource Center

commonly used.

--
Chip

26 Feb 2014     

douglas
United States

Resources Room

Resource Room

Reference Center

I don �t really know that there is an "official" name for it.

26 Feb 2014     

izulia
China

We call it Resource Room in our British school.

26 Feb 2014     

Stella Christina
Germany

Hi there,

You should ask:

What is a room called.........?

And I think:

Resource Room is quite OK.

Best regards,

Stella Christina

26 Feb 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Stella Christina: sometimes when I �m in a hurry I type faster than I think. Hasn �t that ever happened to you? If you wanted to correct me, you should have sent a pm.

@others: I am interested in the way this room is called in your school. We do have a resource centre and a staff room but the one I �m asking about is different, it �s more formal, so to speak.

26 Feb 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I don �t know if we �ve got anything like that Sophia. NC documents and what have you are kept in departmental offices. There is a secure room, where exam papers and scripts are kept and this is called the safe room. I don �t think that is general though. 

26 Feb 2014     

sugarpasa
Turkey

Hi Sophia,

Though the question directly goes to native speaker,I couldn �t help myself saying can it be something like "Depository Room" maybe

26 Feb 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Lynne: that �s exactly what I told my deputy head, that the resources and documents are usually kept in departments � offices. I guess that �s just something pertaining to our school infrastructure.

@sugarpasa: the things are not just stored there. We have a depository room as well.

26 Feb 2014     

Doot
Canada

Are you talking about student files?  Those are kept in our counselling office or at the main office.  Otherwise, individual curriculum guides etc are kept in individual classrooms or teacher offices.  We also have a conference room but that doesn �t usually hold any files.  

26 Feb 2014     

Doot
Canada

In a library such in a university reference materials usually were kept in a Resource room.  In our library we hardly have books any longer never mind reference materials.

26 Feb 2014     

1    2    Next >