Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Using PPP and its alternatives in teaching grammar    

Using PPP and its alternatives in teaching grammar

alien boy
Japan

Your message was quite appropriate, I thought, Sophie. His style reminds me of a troll who used to frequent ESLPrintables in a couple of different guises a few years ago. This fellow claimed a similar knowledge & a similar international background as Sala�s Google+ profile would have readers believe. He�s got one hell of a nerve using ESLPrintables name with his blog - obviously using this site�s reputation to try & garner readers for a rather 2nd (or 3rd) rate blog.

8 Mar 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Sophia - there was nothing wrong with your post.  Lynne - don �t feel bad. Sophia gave you the right address for the blog but he seems to have deleted it. 

I suspect that the reason why he has gone is because three of his printables were reported.  The reason for the reporting was not valid in terms of the site rules but a reason was provided.  He was obviously voted out by moderators as the printables are no longer on the reporting page and his account is no longer here.

He had a history here that rubbed some members the wrong way and now he is seeing the consequences of his actions.  BTW, I didn�t vote (though I did ask a question and I didn�t get a chance to see if it was answered).

Almaz -  sesquipedalian hubris - I love that!  They are my two new words today.

Cheers

Jayho

8 Mar 2014     

alien boy
Japan

He only deleted his blog in the little time between my last post & Jayho�s last post - I had it open when I was posting! I expect he�s looking at this discussion & thinking he�s oh so clever about now. What a shame his details are in cache ...

8 Mar 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thank you, Alex, Bryce and Jayho, for commenting, as I wasn �t sure if the wording I used comes across as a bit pretenciously overbearing. Because I am not a native speaker, I might express myself in a way which might be wrongly interpreted as having a connotation I didn �t mean. 
Sophia

8 Mar 2014     

dackala
Serbia

I was surprised by his post as he seemd as a really nice person.
Can anyone tell me why were his ws reported, what was a particular reason for deleting? Which rule was broken?

8 Mar 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Sorry dackala - I believe that that information is reserved for those moderators who went to the reporting page today.  Only they will be aware of the reason, the comments and their own decision to vote yay, nay or refrain from voting. If they wish to comment here, then they can do so but I�ve said all that I will.

Cheers

Jayho

8 Mar 2014     

dackala
Serbia

Ok, thanks anyway.

8 Mar 2014     

elderberrywine
Germany

Deleted? Gone? Great news.
Did we need his lectures? His insults?
Haven �t seen anyone so pompous, arrogant and aggressive in a long time.

8 Mar 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Sophia, what you said was fine. You always see the best in people. However, he did get my tone 100% - I was being a weeny bit sarcastic as he sounded so pompous! I do enjoy it though, when we get characters on here. almaz - love that phrase Wink 

I suppose he has got a cheek christening his blog esl printables. 

Lynne

8 Mar 2014     

alien boy
Japan

However, I suppose if anyone REALLY wants to catch up with him... they could stop by the University of Leicester, where Salah is supposedly �undertaking the Masters program in Educational Leadership and Strategic Management �... or at least that�s what he was saying here

If you stop by, please say hello for me!

8 Mar 2014     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >