Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Using PPP and its alternatives in teaching grammar    

Using PPP and its alternatives in teaching grammar

alien boy
Japan

& here �s his new blog name...I hope this doesn�t present any problems for Mel Horrod or myTEFLwiki

Salah�s quite full of himself for a 28 year old... I wonder if his fiancee knows what a prat he is?

8 Mar 2014     

David Lisgo
Japan

Well I have quite enjoyed reading this through this topic, though I must say that I wasn �t at all upset by anything Salah said, though to be honest I didn �t understand much of what he said either, initially I thought, like some of my students, he was perhaps using Google translate. as that tends to throw out all kinds of vocabulary. I doubt very much that he belongs here as an English language teacher unless he teaches politicians and the like.
I did vote for his worksheets to stay but at the same time the power of the group has my respect in the matter. It seems fair enough to me as I know I have wiped out a good few members in my time.

8 Mar 2014     

elderberrywine
Germany

You wiped out people, David? No way! You �re such a peaceful person .... I find that very hard to believe. 

8 Mar 2014     

alien boy
Japan

You haven�t heard because there was no one left to tell others about it Wink

8 Mar 2014     

alien boy
Japan

Well, looks like the pup�s starting to learn he should think about his privacy settings on blogs if he doesn�t want people to be amazed by his writing style in his personal reflections....

I�ll leave him in peace now, & hope he learns a little humility in the meantime!

Goodnight everyone!

8 Mar 2014     

elderberrywine
Germany

I love your wisdom, David!

8 Mar 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

To be honest, his initial request for a discussion sounded to me as if he needed to write some kind of a reflection or an article and couldn �t come up with ideas/examples. I was sure he was going to publish it somewhere then... sometimes a blog is required as part of a course... but I am not very discerning as you might have seen (Lynne, didn �t suspect you at all:)
Sophia

8 Mar 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@ David Lisgo �unless he teaches politicians and the like � LOLLOLLOL 

Anyway, apologies to all who would have enjoyed a discussion about PPP and ESA and were deprived because of my silly comments. Next time, eh? 

8 Mar 2014     

isa2
Austria

He seemed to misuse this website to get information for his master thesis (if it is true that this is his real identity). He  sent me a PM - introducing himself as a fianc� to an Austrian teacher - and when I answered his message, he went further and further trying to elicit details about my work life.
@ Lynne: May God prevent further "discussions" with him! Shocked
@ alien boy, almaz and elderberrywine: Clap

8 Mar 2014     

alien boy
Japan

Having read his �Personal Reflections � blog (in which he did make a couple of good points), he came across as a caricature, not a real person. He is pompous and supercilious, believes he is so far above and beyond his peers & managers. His style and attitude are those of a self righteous teen who has just learned something that they believe nobody else has ever realised and then proceeds to try to ram it down others � throats. God help his students, colleagues, and anyone he supervises in future!

8 Mar 2014     

< Previous   1    2    3