Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TWO QUESTIONS     

TWO QUESTIONS

al2018
Argentina

TWO QUESTIONS

Hi! I �m a new member and I must say that I �m becoming quite a fan of this website!!Smile

When I upload a ws, the font I use doesn �t appear, I mean, I don �t know why but the font is changed. The thing is that most of my ws are for children aged 3 to 9 and I tend to use different kinds of fonts just to make the ws a little bit funnier.
Can you help me?  Confused

Btw, Does anyone know how can I place a border in my ws?? I �m not much of an expert on computers!!!!! 

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

10 Feb 2009      

penbwl
Japan

I �m not an expert with computers but something that occurred to me is whether you are using standard Word fonts or if you are using fonts you have added to Word yourself.

Also, have you downloaded your own uploads just to check that only the preview is different? It has happened to me with table lines not showing in the preview but I know I put them there. Usually when I download my worksheet, everything is there...

As for borders, go to FILE -> PAGE SETUP -> LAYOUT and there you will find a setting for choosing borders. I �m not sure how you add extra borders to what Word offers as standard. Maybe someone else can elaborate...

10 Feb 2009     

al2018
Argentina

Hi! You �re right I �m using fonts that I have added to Word. D �you think that �s the problem??
I will try out your idea for borders. Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!! you �ve been most helpful!!!! Smile

10 Feb 2009     

penbwl
Japan

I think so, again I �m not an expert so I can �t say much more than that...
Although I think it may be possible to embed the fonts into the doc so that another computer doesn �t need to have them, not sure though...

Here �s a thread I found about it that you can look at.

And here is a check list to look at regarding some problems that occur when uploading.

It would seem that �wolfy � and �Alien Boy � know more than me, so you might be lucky and they may join this thread Wink

10 Feb 2009     

penbwl
Japan

By the way, it is possible to embed �True Type � fonts into the document so others can view it. Just follow these steps:

1. Choose "Tools" then "Options".
2. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Save" tab.
3. Check "Embed TrueType fonts".
4. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

However, it will increase the size of your document so you need to check that it fits the 300kb(?) limit of this site.

Look forward to seeing your snazzy fonts in the future  Big smile

10 Feb 2009     

al2018
Argentina

I �ve tried that but it didn �t work. Thumbs Down

Anyway, I �ll keep on trying and see if I come up with a solution. Thanks for your ideas!!!!

10 Feb 2009     

maayyaa
Slovenia

Heya,

check the tutorials on this site.They �re very useful if you wanna learn how to create more visual WS.

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=tutorial&B1=Search#thetop

Hope it helps!

10 Feb 2009