Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheet totally created by myself was reported!    

Worksheet totally created by myself was reported!

yingwenlaoshi
Russian Federation

theone72, hello. I �ve sent it to you. 

24 Dec 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Dear Anastasia, the images should be either public domain or creative commons. In this case the author will not have any problems with deleting the work from here. It is also possible to use your own images.

You can find some useful links here.

Best wishes

24 Dec 2014     

yingwenlaoshi
Russian Federation

Sonn, thank you very much. 

24 Dec 2014     

Mariethe House
France

I quote you:

"You deleted it, fine. It made you satisfied."

Never did I delete it, never did I ask to have it deleted , never did I report it . I just anwered your question about why it had been reported!  But , come to think of it, you are a moderator too and can have access at the moderating pages! So you could have , you must have seen why your work was reported and deleted! So why do you come to the forum and shout the good heavens above that moderators have been unfair to you! Be responsible , girl!

As for satisfaction i have many other sources of satisfaction . i don�t count on the deletion of ws to make me happy! You can check yourself: i am never , hardly ever at the moderation pages.

Maybe I should help a little more often! Shall think about it!

24 Dec 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Anastasia, your worksheet was great. Unfortunately, copyright laws rule our lives and we must be careful. Also, just imagine if you spent a lot of time on an illustration and someone else used it without your permission. You might not like that. I have used lots of artists � work in my wss. I always ask their permission. Only one has ever refused and to my shame, I sent him a nasty email in response. Marry Christmas to all. Mariethe darling, I don �t believe you about getting involved in the moderating!!!

24 Dec 2014     

Mariethe House
France

@ lynne: lol

It �s this christmassy atmosphere giving me wings!! you can check! ;o) Merry Christmas to you.

24 Dec 2014     

serzt
Turkey

"Also, just imagine if you spent a lot of time on an illustration and someone else used it without your permission. You might not like that. I have used lots of artists ´ work in my wss. I always ask their permission. Only one has ever refused and to my shame, I sent him a nasty email in response"

The vast majority of teachers who post their worksheets here do that just because they want to get new points so that they can download others � worksheets. There are some diligent teachers like @yingwenlaoshi . They simply don �t need any new points. They �ve got thousands of points that they can download any worksheet they like. They do not have any commercial interests while posting new worksheets. For that matter, most of the teachers here sometimes use pictures copyrighted by more than 10 artists on the same paper. We are legally bound to ask their permission but we do know that most people don �t bother or don �t have the time to ask each one of them. Sharing is simply caring. As long as a teacher do not turn that into some commercial money-grabbing interest, it �s OK with me. I respect moderators � hard work but there are people who report more worksheets that they �ve already contributed. If those people spent the same time on preparing new worksheets, it would a lot better for the community:)

25 Dec 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

Sertz, while I agree that teachers should be allowed to use pictures in a non-commercial way, fact is the law does not always allow it. The owner of this site could get in legal troubles if we did not have the moderators. So, do what you feel is ok for you in your own classroom. Nobody will know. But on this site, we have to keep it legit out of respect for the person who made this site.

25 Dec 2014     

isa2
Austria

Manonski, I absolutely agree with you. Members should respect the rules of this website.
We all make mistakes from time to time. So why not admit them and avoid making the same mistakes in future?

25 Dec 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Sertz, i don �t know why you have quoted me. As for your point that some teachers don �t have time to ask authors � permission to use their work, they must find the time to ask or what they are doing is illegal, whether it �s OK with you or not. I spend ages looking around for free images. Some people want to make a living out of their work and we have to respect that.When I wrote my email to the artist who said I couldn �t use his work, I pointed out that I was an educator and not out to make a profit. He applauded me but told me that he did mean to gain from his work and actually, why shouldn �t he?

25 Dec 2014     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >