Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > IT in teaching English    

IT in teaching English

simoneta
Lithuania

IT in teaching English

Share the ideas, please what IT do you use in teaching English.

25 Feb 2015      

douglas
United States

I �m pretty "old school" (partly because of what is available).

Mostly, I use a white board and a "beamer" connected to my laptop with Power Point and Internet access.  I like to use videos from the internet.

Douglas 

26 Feb 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Simoneta

I simply love IT in the classroom. I teach mature age adults: migrants and refugees, many with limited education from their own country

I use a wall mounted whiteboard and ceiling mounted projector to project:
- ESL websites for whole class activities e.g. Randalls esl cyberlab, elllo
- non-ESL websites to learn about whatever e.g. images for pictures for new vocabulary, useful everyday websites (such as law, culture etc)
- online dictionaries - my faves being Macmillan and Oxford
- programs for teaching Word, email, PPT etc

I use an e-learning platform (moodle) for students to use on their smartphones and in the computer lab.  I fill it with lots of good web links. About 25% students use it outside of class.

We now have free WiFi so I also get them to use their smartphones in class (and this saves on worksheets - yay!). 75% of the class have iPhones, 20% Samsung, 5% other (inc me - I have a very basic smartphone). When we do activities I do it on my smartphone or Ipod Touch at the same time so I am experiencing what they are experiencing. Today we used the local public transport planner and planned journeys to different places to see who had to travel the furthest (great for comparatives and superlatives).

My college has eBeam which I don�t use, but I should as it is interactive (We don�t have interactive whiteboards).

My college also has laptops to use in the classroom but I prefer the smartphones as all students (bar one) possess one and it is what they use for everyday survival now.

I�m currently learning about QR codes and how to use them in the classroom. Scan this code with your QR code scanner to see my post.

Cheers

Jayho

26 Feb 2015