Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > salary of teachers    

salary of teachers

persie
Turkey

salary of teachers

In Turkey, teachers earn about 12.000 $ in a year. I think it �s too low, but that �s the reality in my country . And I really wonder about the situation in other countries.

12 Mar 2015      

Mouna mch
Algeria

in Algeria 4000 dollar in a year... so cheer up dear turkish teacher : �(

12 Mar 2015     

alien boy
Japan

The real value of an income is what you can actually do with it! Over here in Japan I �m on a good salary for a foreign teacher (but I am the head foreign teacher at a prestigious private school, so that helps). It wouldn �t be enough to buy a large house in my home city in Australia!

12 Mar 2015     

Mikesilver
Brazil

In Brazil, the salary of teachers in public school isn �t good. We got approximatelly 4,000 in a year, about  $ 396 dollars per month, and to get this we have to give 64 classes, in 8 (different grades) in a month, and beyond this we have to stay at school for planning, and one saturday for month all the teacher have a meeting to do more planning. It �s really tough!
If you want to know more about Brazilian Teachers reality you can contact me!!!

12 Mar 2015     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

12 Mar 2015     

Froujamen
Tunisia

Let �s all go to Singapore! Just kidding!

12 Mar 2015     

Carolinenjnc
United States

Martina is right...I am in the USA, the salary for USA is reflected correctly, but it does vary state by state (e.g. in NC the starting salary is around 35K while in NJ around 45K). And also it increases with years of service. It also depends on your level of degree. Bc/MEd. etc. 
But then you have to realize the costs of living are different everywhere, e.g. I pay about $1400 for my mortgage per month, so even if I make a nice paycheck, 1/4 of it goes just towards the house payment. Then there are other utility bills, food, clothing, cars, gas etc...I believe teachers are underpaid everywhere.

12 Mar 2015     

yuliya888
Ukraine

It �s a shame to confess, but in Ukraine the situation is really awful. Frankly speaking, I envy all of you as it seems to me, that the teacher �s salary in our country is the lowest. Personally I earn $ 100 a month, $ 1200 a year. I have to give 19 lessons per week, that is 76 lessons per month. Moreover, the profession of a teacher is the lowest paid in Ukraine. Everyone can �t but agree that teachers in my country are real enthusiasts. I can �t imagine my life without school.

12 Mar 2015     

persie
Turkey

I �m married and my wife is a teacher, too. Five months ago we bought a house. While all my salary is going for the mortgage payment, we are living on my wife �s salary. And this shows how difficult to live here, I think.

12 Mar 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Thanks, Martina. I �ll stay here in Australia, which is missing from your list. The average top-salary for secondary teachers is around A$90,000. You �ll reach the top after nine years. There are differences per state, though. A starting salary lies somewhere between 40 - 50K. But as Alien Boy said, what you can do with it, is more important. Housing here is pretty much unaffordable nowadays. As a matter of fact, many electronic goods here are much more expensive than in most other countries. We need a car, for those lovely distances, and petrol is quite expensive too. And so on.

In short, as long as you can make a living, we �ll be fine.  Remember we teach as a matter of vocation, for the love of making a difference, not?  Maybe we could remind ourselves of the Buddha, who said that attachment is the cause of all suffering.

Cheers, Peter

(Picture: Me after retirement) 

12 Mar 2015     

seansarto
United States

$11,000 (Universities) - $25,000 (Private Company) for ESL in China.

12 Mar 2015     

1    2    3    Next >