Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > All my PMs are gone    

All my PMs are gone

Jayho
Australia

All my PMs are gone

Hi everyone

All my private messages have disappeared.

Do you have the same problem?

Cheers

Jayho 

31 Oct 2015      

kohai
Latvia

Sorry to hear that... Mine are still �alive �...

31 Oct 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Jayho, just checked mine and all are there. Sent you a pm. Hopefully, you can still receive incoming pms? Hope Victor can sort this for you. 

Lynne 

31 Oct 2015     

Jayho
Australia

mmm ... very strange.

Thanks Kohai. Lynne, I got your test PM, thanks. 

I�m having a  lot of problems with IE11 and Win 8.1 so I reinstalled it (well, it�s now a �feature� so it�s different). I thought that might be part of the problem, but it shouldn�t be.  I also checked via Chrome and my tablet, and the same, allllll gone!  Oh well, such is life.

Cheers

Jayho 

31 Oct 2015     

MarionG
Netherlands

For a long time I had issues with my PM. I could send but not receive. In the end it turned out that there was a hidden space behind my user name. (probably hit the space bar before hitting enter when entering my name). It didn �t affect my account, my points or anything but it did mess up my PM for some reason.
Any chance something similar happened to you when you re-entered your info after re-installing  Win 8.1?
I don �t know, just a thought.... 

31 Oct 2015     

maryse pey�
France

My private messengers are still there too !

Ah ! Computing...

Is there some good detective to point out all the mysteries raised by our computers and programmes ???

Hugs.

Maryse.

31 Oct 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks Maryse

Thanks Marion.  I remember your problem.  I never log out of this site. And I had closed IE before I reinstalled it. But in Win 8.1 you don�t actually uninstall/reinstall. It�s a �feature� that comes automatically with Win 8.1 and you un-feature it (it is then removed). When I re-featured it all my bookmarks were still there, plus all my problems (groan).  I don�t think this issue is related but it was very coincidental. There was actually one PM, a new one, but no way to reply to it. It�s all quite weird really.

31 Oct 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Now THIS is weird.

I just added eslprintables to the compatability list in IE11 (because I got that rich text enabled message) and all the PMs came back!

HOWEVER, they didn�t come back in Chrome or on my tablet.  Just how weird is that??!!

So, IE11 is my problem.  I have been having a lot of problems posting on the forum and in the caf� in IE11.  But with Win 8.1, you have to have IE11. You can�t go back to earlier versions.

31 Oct 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Well, you have to have it, but you don �t have to use it! :-))

I see you �ve tried Chrome, but what about switching to Firefox ?

31 Oct 2015     

Jayho
Australia

I used FF on my previous pc and I�ve been meaning to install FF on this one for ages, so thanks for mentioning it, Tap. It�s now downloaded and I will start using it (but my previously lost PMs still don�t show in FF, or Chrome or on my tablet - only now in IE11 - so very strange!).

Guess what?  The emoticons are back!  I PM�d Victor about them so he must have fixed it. Thanks heaps, Victor 

Cheers

Jayho

31 Oct 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Happy that you got the emoticons back. We need more happy emotions! :-) But what is that cat �s head doing there? That �s a bit creepy ;-)

Now you �re using FF, you could try an add-on for it which emulates IE for selected pages. maybe try IE View:

This one looks like it would allow you to view the ESLPrintables PM page in IE view, for example, and any other pages normally:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-Us/firefox/addon/ie-view/?src=collection&collection_id=01b06b1e-1f1f-887e-544c-a22f6e2b8af7

Tap

31 Oct 2015     

1    2    Next >