Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Is the Message Board an acceptable place to post non-ESL related questions?    

Is the Message Board an acceptable place to post non-ESL related questions?

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Is the Message Board an acceptable place to post non-ESL related questions?

Or that section Teacher �s Cafe? (what is the URL for that?).

Wanted to ask a recipe-related question :-)

Thanks,

Tap

9 Dec 2015      

Mariethe House
France

Scroll down the left column on this main page and you will find the teacher �s caf�. Click and you �ll be there .! See you.

What�s hot?

New contributions
New bookmarks
Hot topics
New topics
My followed topics
The teachers� cafe
Happy birthday!!

9 Dec 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Gaaaah! Do you know I actually looked there and still didn �t see it!

Thank you Mariethe!

Do you think that section, or Message Board for cooking advice?

9 Dec 2015     

Mariethe House
France

Try both!!
If it �s a recipe of a traditional British or American cake or dish , you can post it on the message board here.!
Personnally I wouldn �t mind a recipe for mince pies! Yumee! Oh no! I shouldn �t
edit: Cooking is indeed an ESL topic! I based all my last lesson with adults on the very good elsson produced by the British council and next week they�ll have to make a carrot cake in my kitchen, using instructions in English. I�ll send photos! .... At the caf�!!

Here is the link to the British Council�s Grandma�s trifle.: Delicious in many waysWink

http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/overcooked/grandmas-trifle

9 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I had a terrible day but on the way out there was a massive Christmas cake. I knew I shouldn �t, but I knew I would and I hate to disappoint myself! Anyway, got to keep my weight up! It was wonderful and the first piece of the year.

I am looking forward to your cooking query, Tap - although I won �t be able to help. Even when I follow the recipe step by literal step, it tastes no good. My husband always begs to differ, bless him. 

Lynne 

9 Dec 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Oh sorry Lynne, but my cooking query was about as far from a British Christmas dish as you could imagine! :-))

I make Dundee fruit cakes for friends at Christmas because it’s lighter than the traditional British Christmas cake and I love the toasted almonds and the taste of whisky (I don’t drink alcohol but in desserts I make an exception!). I give them with a little miniature of whisky so they can ‘feed’ the cake until they eat it. Nom nom nom….

Tap

9 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

And my cooking failures never extended to even an attempt at a Christmas cake... But my felafel is not bad. It �s with chickpeas though. Sorry!

9 Dec 2015     

gulgunmurat
Turkey

Good night :) 

I am eating the most famous Turkish dessert "baklava" at the moment. When I read your chat about  the cake, pies and so on I just couldn �t help eating it. I think I can put the blame for every calory I am taking on you :)   

9 Dec 2015