Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > anyone good with word 2007??    

anyone good with word 2007??

jamiejules
France

anyone good with word 2007??

Hi, I have been trying to put the same ws twice on the same page to save paper at school when I photocopy stuff for my students.
I thought it would be straight forward: group everything on the ws then make it small / copy,paste and Bob �s your uncle!!! But nooooo! it won �t work
Does anyone know if there is a function in word 2007 to reduce a ws from A4 to A5 (that would be really cool)
Thanks in advance.

5 Mar 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I don �t know if Word can do this, but I print two ws from home and then photocopy on both sides of the paper at school.  A normal photocopy machine can also reduce your sheets. But you have to take care that the print isn �t so small that it strains your pupil �s eyes to read it.

5 Mar 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi jamiejules...

Oh.... word 2007 has difficulties...If you have the time chck out these web sites.. Good luck.

Greek Professor

5 Mar 2009     

jamiejules
France

hi libertybelle, what I want is to save myself time and not start to fiddle with machine at work (it is old and not too happy), ideally when uploading ws I could also send them as 2 A5 on A page to save others time as well. A lot of ws on this site can be reduced to A5 and still be ok for anyone �s eyes (like the tick the right answer ws...)
Thanks greek professor I have had a look but these web pages got me lost...I am not much of a computer person An I didn �t find what I wanted....Cry
Thumbs Upthanks guys, I �ll keep looking

5 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I understand. Well, it �s early here in Europe, so perhaps when people get home from school today they can help you.
Good luck!
L

5 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

What I usually do is print 2 sheets on one! You have to select the option just before printing! This becomes my original document which I later photocopy at school! Wink

5 Mar 2009     

jamiejules
France

hi frenchfrog this sounds just like what I want to do! what option do you select in the printing bit???

5 Mar 2009     

sldp
France

hi  just choose  imprimer deux pages

5 Mar 2009     

sldp
France

sorry my previous message  was not finished 

choose "imprimer 2 pages sur une feuille "then "format A4" in the dialogue box 

HIH

5 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Or it can be �pages par feuille � (number of pages per sheet)

5 Mar 2009     

jamiejules
France

thanks guys, I can now print one page that is  A5 on an A4 page. Still can �t get two of the same on the same page but that �s ok. BTW I use the english version of  word 2007!Embarrassed
If I find a way I �ll let you know.
thank you all for being so helpful

5 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >