Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Just for Spanish teachers    

Just for Spanish teachers

cunliffe
United Kingdom

RIP lest, you were very useful. I might start a society: Let�s have lest back. 

17 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Yes Bruce, you nailed it, it�s really complicated to translate literally, Ough!! I go on with my usual English hehhe!! 
(I knew that was not English at all, just having fun translating kind of literally, that�s why it sounds crazy, doesn�t it??)

17 Apr 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

I�m with Lynne about lest. I love that word and, to my mind, it is underused, underappreciated and undervalued. Wonderful word and structure. 

17 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you, Dale! �In case� normally sorts it, but it�s not quite the same... Whence and thence are other words we could do with having back. I might go around, using them! Imagine that! 

18 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Dale had used many times the word "hence", about myself I did never heard or seen the other two!... In Spanish, there are many words that I love from when I was little and they justs are not in use any longer: alcoba, párvulo, enagua, pololos... 

18 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes, we still use �hence�.
�Whither� and �thither� should come back, too. The problem is, the minute you think of using them, you have to go for the whole caboodle.
�Whither goest thou, Tommy? No, be seated! Thou mayst not go to the privy! Get thee gone back to thy seat, thou naughty minstrel, lest I clout thy lug�. 

18 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

MG! I have to study the Bible! 
EDIT: Or maybe just Shakespeare?
MORE EDIT: I will learn your "dialogue" Sound good! 
Yet thou wilst regret it, and thy repentance wilt be late... Clap

18 Apr 2019     

< Previous   1    2