Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > REPORTED WORKSHEETS    

REPORTED WORKSHEETS

redcamarocruiser
United States

I thought she meant perceptive.

23 Apr 2019     

kohai
Latvia

Dear Allen and Mary,

No, I didn�t know the difference. I�m happy to learn it from you NOW. Allen, thank you also for the link.

I�m not going to pretend that I�m cleverer than I am. Both words - "prospective" and "perceptive" are new for me. I teach only beginner and intermediate level students and I used to say that my English is at the same level. I try to learn at least a bit every single day. And I�m VERY thankful to those who help me with that. Yes, just ONE word also matters!

Thank you for your time! Thank you so much for your help!

Ruta, a.k.a., kohai 

23 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

aperkin4:  Many thanks!!

24 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Allen:
Could it be possible to say: "A beginner with good perspective"?
As in Cambridge dictionary says the word also means:

C1 [ C ] particular way of considering something:

Her attitude lends a fresh perspective to the subject.
He writes from a Marxist perspective.
Because of its geographical position, Germany�s perspective on the situation in Russia is very different from Washington�s.get/keep sth in perspective

C2 to think about a situation or problem in a wise and reasonable way:

You must keep things in perspective - the overall situation isn�t really that bad.put sth in(to) perspective

C2 to compare something to other things so that it can be accuratelyand fairly judged:

Total investments for this year reached $53 million, and, to put this into perspective, investments this year were double those made in 2013.
 Thanks in advance, Aisha ;) 

24 Apr 2019     

aperkins4
Japan

Ah! Well said, everyone!

Mary and Ruta: I hadn�t thought of "perceptive". "Perceptive" would be the best word to use in the original sentence! A very perceptive person is one who notices things and pays close attention to details. :)

Aisha: "A beginner with good perspective" is an equally great phrase! The important part is that it is used as a noun, so you got it right for sure!

24 Apr 2019     

< Previous   1    2    3