Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Uploading PDF documents    

Uploading PDF documents

violeta.lado
Spain

Uploading PDF documents

Hi and happy 2020! :D I�m new here and I just wanted to make sure that it isn�t possible to upload PDF documents. I use special fonts and all the format will be changed/lost when downloading the document in the .doc version by the users of the website. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers!

1 Jan 2020      

violeta.lado
Spain

Another related question... I do not even have Word Office in my computer... You do not accept Free Office documents, right? Those that end in .odt. I just wanted to double check. Thanks again!

1 Jan 2020     

kohai
Latvia

The question about pdf documents has already been asked and answered on the Forum many times, e.g., here and here.

In a sentence, this site doesn�t support PDF files. Your contributions must be doc or docx, ppt or pptx files. 

In this thread, our webmaster explains how to embed fonts into documents.

By the way, you can use LiveWorksheets.com for uploading and sharing pdf files. 

2 Jan 2020     

violeta.lado
Spain

Thank you very much! I�m new here and I was looking forward to upload my work but I guess I need to buy Microsoft Office to do so... I understand it though! Have a great 2020! :D

2 Jan 2020     

kohai
Latvia

"The expert at anything was once a beginner." /Helen Hayes/ 

"Masters today were starters yesterday, so begin now." /Bernard Kelvin Clive/

Welcome to the site! Good luck and a Happy New Year!

2 Jan 2020     

douglas
United States

If you use LibreOffice (a very good office suite that is very similar to MS Office, but it is free), you can save docs in Word format (.doc .docx).

Perhaps this would work for you.

https://www.libreoffice.org/
Cheers,
Douglas

3 Jan 2020     

Haasja22
Austria

Well you can simply screenshot your headlines (the ones in the special font) and insert these screenshots instead of the written headline. This way we all can see your special fonts ;)

3 Jan 2020     

violeta.lado
Spain

Thank you very much for your helpful answers... Truly! :D Maybe I�ll do it some day cause I strongly believe in sharing. However, I would have to screeshot the whole damn documents or remake them so that it�s only the headlines with the special font. I don�t have time for that at the moment to be honest. PDF is the future, people... P.D. It ain�t the future but the PRESENT LOL [The thing is that I�m just discouraged to share my work with so many requirements for the user (wich I�ve thoroughly read) added to the limitations of the webpage (doc format; weight of the document, which I guess would worsen the quality of the cliparts; etc.). I may understand the reasons behind those but I simply don�t have the time for it when there are other options out there to exchange our work online. I honestly hope this is seen as constructive criticism.]

29 Jan 2020