Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest    

Caption Contest

David Lisgo
Japan

Caption Contest

I thought to look for a comical Jeeves image as, thanks to Lynne and perhaps Dale also, I downloaded the complete works of PG Wodehouse for $1 and I am reading Jeeves again. But instead I have chosen something closer to my heart. No, really, not the beer. A lifetime ago, it seems, I used to take a walk near my home to a koppie and always meet up with a family of beer guzzling meercats.

Well, do your best to make this funnier than it already is.
David

28 Jan 2021      

karagozian
France

Can anyone help us to find the lockdown loo ???

28 Jan 2021     

spinney
United Kingdom

Once you start on Wodehouse, it`s quite difficult to stop, I have to say. 

Now, the caption:

"What are all those beercats doing here? Don´t they know that it´s only wine o´clock?"  

28 Jan 2021     

maryse pey�
France

Be --> bee --> beer --> bear --> dear --> deer --> dare --> bare --> care --> race...

Afficher l’image sourceAfficher l’image sourceAfficher l’image sourceAfficher l’image sourceAfficher l’image source ...

Exercise : match each word with the good picture, then add the missing ones, then find new words and then ... drink the beer ! 

28 Jan 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

The lynx were thinking strong drinks; the moose were thinking gin and juice; the shrews were thinking Southern screw; the frogs were thinking about grogs etc.... That zookeeper needs to get down there!!! 

28 Jan 2021     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

What!!! Complete lockdown with absolute quarantine??? But....what about ... ?  

29 Jan 2021     

karagozian
France

..... and abstinence !!!!

30 Jan 2021     

Cariboo
France

I�m sorry the following comment has nothing to do with the contest . But  by reading your comments, David and Dale,  you made me want to read books about about PJ Woodhouse. So I ordered my first volume (translated into French I have to admit) and Iam impatiently waiting for a new lockdown to be able to discover this author.
Thank you for this discovery.!!!

31 Jan 2021     

David Lisgo
Japan

Best with beer Carole. At least for the English.

1 Feb 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

My husband loves this author, too. OK, I am going to have to read some...

1 Feb 2021     

karagozian
France

My husband loves beer and me too.

1 Feb 2021     

1    2    Next >