Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD 14th June    

WOD 14th June

FrauSue
France

WOD 14th June

Thank you, Mary, for choosing my definition for the last word of the day.

Today�s word is DURZI.

Have fun coming up with some daffy definitions! 

14 Jun 2021      

karagozian
France

A Durzi is obviously an inhabitant of Durzistan.

14 Jun 2021     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Monique you are right, and Durzi can also mean a person who has two official residences: one in Dubai and one in Jersey.

14 Jun 2021     

Aisha77
Spain

Oh! This word is definitely Akkadian. It comes from the Babylonian empire... 

It means "the one who opens the path to the land of the waters" 

Ur is a city close to the Euphrates, and it was called Ur due to it. People don�t know it but my own language comes from the Acadian, coming at the same time from the Babylonian language... and that is why the Basque language is that close to many languages from the pre-Iberian languages. "UR" in Basque means "water" and that is why Ur is called Ur, due to the water of Euphrates that was life for them...

Zimmer means walker, and it is proto-German also, coming from the old Hebrew languages (from the Ashkenazis - Ashkenaz is the first son of Gomer, or grandson of Noah - in Asirian A�kūza

The "D" at the beginning comes from "Daleth" meaning "the door, or "Delta" in ancient Greek), in other words, "the beginning or opening to something"

PD: אלוהים יסלח לי, כי זו סתם בדיחה

15 Jun 2021     

maryse pey�
France

It is the nickname of the guys obsessively Determined to Understand the Raccoon and the Zebra and the Iguana.
 till death  

15 Jun 2021     

douglas
United States

Tom is a real "durzi". He is constantly asking stupid questions and then blushes and says "der.. I guess I should have known that." when he gets the obvious answer.  I mean he is a REAl(!) DURZI, he often does mindless things like putting salt in his coffee thinking it is sugar.

Durzi (slang): a person or animal that is prone to doing foolish things because they aren�t really thinking about what they or doing or saying. They usually respond to these situations with a "der/duh/doh" comment or expression when they discover their scatterbrainedness. Their friends are often heard telling them "time to turn on your brain you durzi"

17 Jun 2021     

spinney
United Kingdom

It describes a politician when they state the obvious. They are being "durzi" because everybody just says, "DUR! We know!"

17 Jun 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

The Durzi (noun, plural) are a rugged, hardy  breed of cattle which roam the Himalayas. In fact, a Durzum was the first creature to summit (oh, I do hate this usage of summit as a verb, but that�s what people say!) Mount Everest. Like the Yeti, they are rarely spotted and we don�t know much about them. We do know that if a Durzum meets a Yetum, it is the Yetum who turns and runs. 

17 Jun 2021     

karagozian
France

Ok Ok Lynne ! I�ll be the durzum.

18 Jun 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Ok Ok Monique, I will be the yetum, but I have to tell you that I am a Super-Yetum. Last year, I had a little contretemps with Godzilla and well, you haven�t seen him for a while, have you? 

18 Jun 2021     

karagozian
France

Lynne you�ve beaten me. I am lost in Durzistan. Homesick and YET do not see any outUMway.

18 Jun 2021     

1    2    Next >