Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to use Bingo.    

How to use Bingo.

Alina Viktorovna
Russian Federation

How to use Bingo.

Hello! Dear colleagues, I am very ashamed but I cannot understand how to use Bingo. What to do? Thank you in advance.

17 Jun 2021      

savilla
Australia

Hi Alina.

Bingo is normally played with numbers, so that is what I�ll use for my example!

Each person gets a bingo card; basically a sheet of paper with a list of numbers. Each sheet should have a different set of numbers.

The person running the game calls out a number at a time, pausing to allow the players time to check if they have that number on their sheet/card. If they do, the player crosses the number off their list. 

The aim of the game is to be the first person to have crossed off all the numbers on their card. When that happens, they must yell out "Bingo!"
The person running the game will then usually check their sheet, to make sure they haven�t crossed out a number that hasn�t been called.

There are pages on Wikipedia about Bingo like these:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingo_(British_version)
I didn�t even know there was a British and an American verson.

I hope that helps! 

17 Jun 2021     

Alina Viktorovna
Russian Federation

Thank you very much, Savilla!

17 Jun 2021     

douglas
United States

I will add that there are different variations you can get creative with.

For example: for a shorter game, make it so a person only has to fill a single line to get a Bingo, or that they have to fill in the four corners, or just the outer frame of numbers.

OBTW: nice explanation Sevilla

18 Jun 2021     

Alina Viktorovna
Russian Federation

Thank you, Douglas!

18 Jun 2021     

Фёдор
Russian Federation

Thanks Alina for posting this topic!
Thanks all for this explanations!
Stay/Keep In Touch,
Fedor.

18 Jun 2021     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Just one more thing, you can use other vocabulary than numbers. For instance food, animals, whatever you need to exercise.

19 Jun 2021     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Here an example with numbers, though it�s not a bingo game, but also with age, asking about age; how old ... ?

You can see some more examples here

https://sites.google.com/site/englishforkidsctx/5th-grade/boardgames 

19 Jun 2021     

kohai
Latvia

What a nice website, Olindalima! The compilation of materials is great. And I did not even know that it is possible to create such a menu on Google Sites. Thank you for sharing!

20 Jun 2021     

douglas
United States

Hi Olinda! Nice to see you in the forum again..

21 Jun 2021     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Kohai and Hi Douglas, thank you for your kind words. I�ve been away for too long for two reasons, my husband and I, we both got cancer problems. He is doing fine, by now, but I am still fighting my breast cancer. In the meantime I retired and today Summer arrives and here, in the North of Portugal, where I live, it�s raining cats and dogs. I long for Summer days, having dinner outside, in the back yard, meeting the family and friends ... Covid away .... kisses and hugs to you all. <3

21 Jun 2021     

1    2    Next >