Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why Do People Take Up Message Board Saying Hello, Goodnight, and Goodmorning?    

Why Do People Take Up Message Board Saying Hello, Goodnight, and Goodmorning?

ESL
United States

Why Do People Take Up Message Board Saying Hello, Goodnight, and Goodmorning?

Has anyone except me asked the question of how is saying "good morning" and "good night" everyday educational, and belonging on an ESL website? How come there are so many people interested in policing for the better of this site, when there are others (and many of those that are doing the policing) wasting gigs and other unnecessary babble by their daily greetings?

Pinch Honestly people, some of you are really getting out of hand, and this is definatedly turning teachers off of this site.

13 Apr 2009      

eng789
Israel

All work and no fun makes for BORING teachers.

If you want to be all business, you can.  If you need help or just want to discuss something regarding teaching,  there are always people who will answer you.

So what �s wrong with us letting our hair down a bit and having some fun. 

so   
Good Morning! (wave)
 or
Have A Good Night
  to all,

Kisses!
   Barbara

13 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

Thanks Caroline565- I guess we are just rebel-rousers! I won �t tell you to have a good day, (even though I mean it) it would just take up too much space, and really is not related to ESL at allCool

13 Apr 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I was just encouraging a new member of this site to stay with us, her first impression wasn �t so good today, she read all these posts about stolen stuff,etc... and thought that people here weren �t so friendly and nice... Now she �ll read your comments and definitely come to the conclusion that her first impression was correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What �s the matter if some friendly and enthusiatic members want to say good morning and good night and post cute blinkies?
I don �t do it often myself, but always smile when I see Damielle �s cats, for example, it �s colorful and sweet!!!!! We don �t have to share ws in a frozen way, we can also exchange feelings, impressions and yes....... greetings.
Please be a little more cool about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 Apr 2009     

brune
Mexico

I have a answer to your problem if you see a good morning, good night don`t read it, that way you wont have to get mad and spoil your day!!!!Pinch

13 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

I never said it was wrong, it is just not part of an ESL board...unless of course it is in different languages so that it is a "teachable moment"Thumbs Up

13 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

Doesn �t bother me at all, just like the petty policing and unwelcome comments made here. Why doesn �t people do things descretely, like others have posted. Why call attention to yourselves. It is not postive, energetic attention to be constantly tattling, it is quite negative and makes the tattler look bad.

13 Apr 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I fully agree with eng789 and linlin. Let �s have a bit of fun!!!!!!!!

13 Apr 2009     

nite
Spain

Ok then, I �ll say it in Spanish: Buenas noches a todos! and in Catalan: Bona nit a tots!

13 Apr 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Good idea, Nite! Let �s say it in the languages we speak! I will say "Laila Tov" (Hebrew) and "Bonne Nuit"!

13 Apr 2009     

nite
Spain

Wow! Laila Tov linlin!

13 Apr 2009     

1    2    3    Next >