Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Don īt add your comments anymore - you get punished     

Don īt add your comments anymore - you get punished

ESL
United States

Don īt add your comments anymore - you get punished

The police do get you back, three of my contributions, which have been fine in the past, suddently got removed by the Judges.

See people, you cannot add your two cents or else you get punished,.

Dear user,
This is an automatic message to inform you that your contribution JOURNAL ENTRY has been removed by the moderators (users with more than 1000 points).
You can see the comments of the moderators in this page:
http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=151916&tipo=printables

Please take into account that if your contributions dont follow the rules of the website, your account could be cancelled.

DONT ANSWER THIS MESSAGE. IT IS AN AUTOMATIC MESSAGE

14 Apr 2009      Send an answer     Delete this message

eslprintables
Spain

Your contribution has been removed
Dear user,
This is an automatic message to inform you that your contribution HEALTHY OR UNHEALTHY has been removed by the moderators (users with more than 1000 points).
http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=194661&tipo=printables

Please take into account that if your contributions dont follow the rules of the website, your account could be cancelled.

eslprintables
Spain

Your contribution has been removed
Dear user,
This is an automatic message to inform you that your contribution PERSONIFICATION WORKSHEET has been removed by the moderators (users with more than 1000 points).
http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=146477&tipo=printables

14 Apr 2009      

gilorit
Israel

Hi
I understand you sssssssssoooooooo well !!!
It happened to me too and I was shocked !!!
Really- it feels like "The Big Brother" or even darker times in history...
Orit

14 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

Miss Illinois two of the worksheets are clearly against the rules, especially the one with a box and some lines!

Now, the writing journal one just borders on the rules but honestly it could have had more to it - especially coming from a native speaker like you or I! We shouldn īt be lazy since we have a natural command of the language and can use our vocabulary knowledge to the benefit of everyone here...

Also, I am quite afraid that you have honestly brought the wrath of the board on yourself by belittling people and not respecting others. Whether or not a "hello" or a "good bye" is ESL news, is really not yours to judge. People here are like family and as a family we should RESPECT others here.

You don īt like the greetings, well ignore them but don īt attack other members on the board, that is a surefire way to make enemies... In fact, if I were you I īd be updating your other "journal entries" since

a) They could have been put all in one file instead of six different ones
b) They are very very simple, there is not even an explanation of how to go about the activity.

One last thing, normally I īd take this up with you in private but today I am not feeling well and I hate to see others here scoffed at or made fun of.

14 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Ummmmm sorry you are upset but i īve seen your reported WS, one is not an ESL resource and another is copied (or so it īs said as a link is provied) The first one... no, I wouldn īt have removed it.

14 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

At least we will know where the 3rd W W started (esl) and who started it (esl members)
 Tongue a-ha-ha-hha-hah LOL (cough, cough)

While she was hilariously and frantically laughing, an esl sniper was not - bang! Dead

14 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Look, nobody should be taking this issue personally. 

Victor set rules and we all need to follow them. 

I don īt understand why people are getting upset.  Most of you have got enough points to download your 30 freebies a day,  for life, so what if they removed some worksheets. 

I wish everyone would calm down and enjoy the fact that there are a ton of really talented people here who are willing to help eachother.  If anyone needs a border, clip art etc. we have the "bookmarks" and if thet isn īt enough, just ask and someone will direct you to where you can get them. 

Cooperation - that īs the key.

14 Apr 2009     

carolla
Poland

honestly, i don īt know where all this hatred is coming from. I īm a newbie here, only a coupla days, and at the beginning i found this system frustrating a bit, with all this waiting and surveillance. It is very hard to start and can be pretty discouraging, but once u īre past that you can enjoy the benefits of this system. I was really shocked to notice how frustrated people get when their ws get removed. I figure when u copy sb else īs work u can īt really be surprised to get a ws reported, you really can see it coming. So people don īt be surprised or offended, everyone here works really hard for the points and wss, and reporting a stolen ws is just playing by the rules. Wouldn īt you report a stolen exercise or one that doesn īt meet the requirements?
I rest my case.

Good day people

14 Apr 2009     

marmachado
Portugal

I don īt understand all this discussion...I decide if I want to download or not...but it īs my decision. I missed the "old Website". I īm an old member and at the beginning if I wanted a ws I must upload another to get points. We hadn īt 30 free downloads every day. We must work to get more points, not steal, not copy but our work. And the system never failed.
Now we are a gr8 community with a lot of people, the rules are the same... so, what īs up?
are we judges now? are we judge if a picture or a flashcard is an esl resource? Oh Please!
Sorry, but is my opinion...;0)
Be Cool

14 Apr 2009     

victor
Spain

Miss Illinois

This is not just a group of "judges", as you say despectively. There are lots of users with over 1000 points, and most of them said that these worksheets should be removed. It is not a punishment. It is the best for the website and it has been decided by the users.

The second one is really a copy (word by word). And you still complain.

Would you suggest a website where some users send copies while others spend hours of their precious time making original ones?

14 Apr 2009     

olaola
Italy

... I agree with you Victor... but  for example a ws of mine ( it was a frame with union jack flags that I did myself and wasn īt taken from the web) was cancelled yesterday but it had been accepted 6 months ago when I uploaded it... it seemed a little strange to me...
why didn īt you cancel it before?
Olaola

14 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Miss ESL of Illinois,
The moderators are not judges or police intending to get at anyone! We are just trying to remove copies and non-esl contributions in order to make space for more relevant worksheets.  You would be appalled at the amount of simple frames, random clipart  and wss literally copied from the web.  To check them all is very hard work because we have to verify if they are really copies before agreeing to delete them.  We are doing this not out of hate or a wish to be a sheriff but simply to help Victor make eslprintables an even better site.  Your worksheets were not removed because your opinions in the Forum but because they did not meet the standards that are now being reinforced. 

Smile

14 Apr 2009     

1    2    3    Next >