Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New idea!    

New idea!

Zora
Canada

New idea!

Okay, I was just in the shower and I had a sort of brainstorm... (showers are great places to think, I have many an idea in them! LOL)

Anyways, I was thinking that it �s such a shame that all the crafts and masks are getting deleted. Wouldn �t it be better if such things went  directly to a section that was free to all users that have more than 5 points???

I know that this stuff can be found on the net but truthfully, you can spend hours searching sites and not find anything and yet when I come here, I almost always find what I need.

And to those who say they are not ESL resources... well, maybe they are and maybe they aren �t. You don �t have to have the instructions written on a craft to tell a child to cut the box out, or colour the bows blue or glue the stars... THAT is common sense on the teachers part!

And what about masks? Goodness, isn �t our job about getting children to enjoy English and want to participate in class and perhaps, just maybe, them making a mask for a play or a skit might be something enjoyable that makes the kids want to participate in something "fun"...  

So... how about it? Any other ideas since I hate to see such treasures get erased from the site...

14 Apr 2009      

silvanija
Lithuania

Great idea, Zora. Clap I had the same thought some time ago.

14 Apr 2009     

claudiaeusebio
Brazil

I really like your idea and I wish many others did too and Victor took it into account :) Big smile

14 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Sounds okay to me, too.

14 Apr 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Greetings...

I second..third..fourth..that....it �s fair...

14 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Yep, sounds ok, but what about space? I thought that was the main reason why he didn �t want pics being uploaded. To save space.

14 Apr 2009     

Erna
Russian Federation

I �m with you! I used to teach kids starting from 3-4 years and crafts were almost the main thing through which I managed to keep kids interested throughout the whole lesson (and that �s a job I can tell you!). Well let it be a section, say, "Crafts helping to teach kids" and we also could split them in themes like the worksheets.
By the way we already have some here on the site - paper dolls with clothes for them to cut and play are craft stuff if I �m not mistaken :) And I love them :)
Let the craft be :) Ple-e-ease, Victor Embarrassed

14 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

@ Ivona

The stuff is already on the site... it �s already taking up space and just really needs to be moved to a new category! Anything duplicate would be erased and most people aren�t going to upload new stuff if they aren�t going to get points for it...

14 Apr 2009     

gabitza
Romania

...and I deleted my doorhangers...Cry  (just kidding).
Maybe it is a good idea to make a new category. I also think that after a month or so downloads with 0 points (no matter the category) should be deleted. To save space!
Gabitza

14 Apr 2009     

evadp75
Romania

EXCELLENT IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!! 

14 Apr 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

how funny - I wasn �t having a shower and I had EXACTLY the same idea an hour ago and I wrote the suggestions in personal message to Victor :-D

my idea was: move all "useful" pictures to a new free section (similar to online exercises)

people can download the pics for free

uploaders won �t get any points...

simple, easy, everyone �s happy !

14 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >