Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > to eng789    

to eng789

Naranjas
Russian Federation

jooli123
I don �t understand why you decided that you may come to this site and without sharing anything good and useful start a religious propaganda here.
Most of us do talk and think about religion, politics and moral.
But our views on these matters are different so in order to keep peace on this very site we shouldn �t discuss such controversial matters.

P.S. By the way, are you a teacher? Your language doesn �t seem a language of an English teacher to me.

21 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

First of all, WWII was a tragic thing and hopefully the world has learned a huge lesson from what can happen when intolerance and ignorance take over.

Secondly, I agree that political issues should be left at home and not brought to the board. I know Eng789 meant no harm... but unfortunately we have quite a few members here who, thanks to their beliefs, mixed with some bigotry on their parts. Always turn these type of things into a political thing.

And thirdly, mentioning the horrors of WWII doesn �t need to be political. It was a World event - i.e. The World in World War.... and I don �t think it is out of place to remember such a thing, though it is wrong to say only one ethnic group suffered more than another... since EVERYBODY suffered... not one country that participated came away unscathed...

Anyways, we need to calm down and stop hurling accusations back and forth. The West (and East) have a pretty good idea what �s happening in Israel, Palestine and Gaza... AND honestly, there are other countries that have it worse!! Take a look at some of our African friends (and not Northern Africa either), ever wonder why we don �t have that many African members here? Well, just think about it for a moment and maybe your problems won �t seem so bad...      

21 Apr 2009     

Denis1234
United Kingdom

I understood that when I joined this forum a few days ago that it was to be a place where we as colleagues gather together to share with eachother helpful methods on how best to teach our students to understand, speak and to write the ENGLISH language. �I did not think it was "vessel" to convey political or religious ideologies or propaganda. What is happening here? �Yes! of course we all have history to rememember and to learn from it...but there are many other forums on the net in which we can discuss (if we so wish) those matters . THIS (as I understand) IS A FORUM TO SHARE IDEAS ON HOW BEST TO TEACH THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. Please let us keep that way...please!�
DonalBroken HeartThumbs Up

21 Apr 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Please keep this site for English teaching. I so miss the nice chats about grammar and teaching experiences.
Where have they gone?????
All I see these days are moans about points, nasty comments about other people �s worksheets and now this!!!!!!! I am very sad.Cry Please give me back ESL printables the way is was.....

21 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Announcing that it is Holocaust Day in my country is no different than than our Greek friends mentioning their Independance Day on the forum on March 25th.  Or another country announcing that they are off work that day because it is a Memorial Day for someone who was important to their history.   It has nothing to do with politics. 

What makes this site so wonderful is the fact that we are all so different and we can learn about eachother and maybe pass some of that knowledge to our pupils. 

21 Apr 2009     

marianpayel
Argentina

Is there any possibility that viktor revises the comments and keeps only things connected to ESL, which is the reason we joined this site? I mean no offense to anybody, but I �d like to see this site as what it is meant to be. For history, politics and religion I visit other sites.

21 Apr 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

It �s perfectly understandable that eng789 wanted to share one of the important days in her(?) country and meant no harm.

(Though it �s strange you made two topics about it instead of one. )

But anyway you �re a Canadian, Israel isn �t even your country so you just wanted to share the knowledge.
What I can �t understand is why some people make it a religious and political issue...

21 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

When people post info about their countries - I am happy for them when they are happy and sad for them when it is a day of sorrow( and I say so).  
I expect the same kind of mutual respect from the members here. 
When I mention that my country is in morning,  I expect to get more than 3 responses ( 1 of which, was to my PM) from those same people I respected. 

Because of the time differences I decided to send my message again. 

I think that some people here have forgotten what the word RESPECT means.

21 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, people
I don �t know know what to say. There is a lot of intolerance everywhere; this site, in my humble point if view, is mainly addressed to the teaching of English, as a foreign language; however, we can �t put apart other issues -who we are/ where we come from/ our past history/ our daily routines / what we eat/ where we spend our free time ... so on...so on.
I can �t see any reason why ENG789 shouldn �t have brought this question to the forum.It is an important historical fact for Israeli,and should be for all of us ,  it doesn �t matter what we, nowadays, think about foreign politics in Israeli, in the past, this is a fact, thousands of Jews were killed.
Let �s respect them.

On the other hand, unfortunately, this part of our common history is but an example, because mankind has ever since been able to sacrifice everything and everyone to some / many dark aims. Jews history is only probably one of the most well known. But this kind of genocide has been around our wonderful world for a great many, many decades, in many, many parts of our planet. And this is the point. Probably, each one of us has something to mourn for one �s past history, and we like to share, we share good moments, happiness and we like everyone to bring us a word when we are down.

Now, we shouldn �t forget our main aim - teaching English, but this doesn �t mean we can deal with other aspects of our lives, indeed, I think this can lead us to know and understand each other better.
So, this is the only reason why I think jooli123 should have been more careful, because, first of all, here, in this site, we share our knowledge of teaching and help each other; only then we can have a rest and talk about other subjects.
Please, jooli123, try to understand that, for many of us, this is a place to work, we come here to look for new things, ideas,printables, sites, etc, to do our daily work; usually we have a good "weather" around, so we don �t like this kind of violent speech, because it disturbs our work, not that we don �t understand it, we are not taking sides. As Nebal said, all what we want is peace and it can easily start here. Try to look at us as friends, because that is what we all are here and we welcome everyone,
I welcome you.

21 Apr 2009     

karina7777
Denmark

Well, I don �t.
Sorry, Olindalima, I admire your patience and kindness, but reading what jolie123 writes gives me the creeps.
Jolie123, your nasty words are not welcome on my computer screen at all - I think it �s quite horrendous that you would start writing the things you do without even having contributes a single thing to the site. Did you just come here to argue?
You wrote:
"Today Also for some people 1000 years is not enough so what we have to do is to Destroy them.
When i Talk about Destruction u may get afraid that i �m a terrorist or what.
don �t be so Emotional , so that u will say "oh i don �t any blood to be shed in the world" sometimes it is essential that the blood should shed. "
Well, maybe not a terrorist then, but certainly not an English teacher either. If I were to label you as anything, it would be as an imbecile.

And put on some clothes.

Sorry to the rest of you for spreading bad vibes - sorry...

21 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3