Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Peace on you ALL!!!    

Peace on you ALL!!!

Nebal
Lebanon

Peace on you ALL!!!

Dear collegues,

In the name of what we believe in and our sacred message ( teaching), I ask all the members here to stop answering the post below . Would u please stop it???

Let �s do" one thing. Let �s pray , each on his own way, for God to forgive us if we were wrong and brighten up our days.

The past has passed by. It �s now and tomorrow what we will be asked about.

All for our benefit.

peace.jpg peace. image by kesh8980

21 Apr 2009      

Denis1234
United Kingdom

I agree with you 100% Nebal. �Thank you for posting that.�
DonalThumbs Up

21 Apr 2009     

jooli123
Iran

that shows that mentally u r so weak.
because u don �t care about history.
we should think about past.
if we wouldn �t think about history today we could have never solved our problems.

In Quran Says the man should think that what had he made of?
if u don �t like politics and u don �t like religious issues that does not mean we have to shut up.

21 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Well, this is an ENGLISH TEACHERS SITE, not a religious or political site.........

so maybe any comments regarding RELIGION (even when made with good intention, like asking people to pray) or POLITICS SHOULD NOT BE MADE BY ANYONE

It just adds fuel to the fire....

21 Apr 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I totally agree with you Alien boy. This is an international site for TEACHERS. Any other topic is bound to cause friction.

21 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I didn �t realize that Holocaust Day was either religious or political. 

Does that mean that Hiroshema Memorial Day is also political and shouldn �t be mentioned here?

How about all the different Independance Days - are they also political and shouldn �t be mentioned??

And what about Christmas, St. Patrick �s Day,  Ramadan,  Chinese New Year -----  should I go on.

21 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

The holocaust is a big part of english speakers history due to the effects world war 2 had on cultures and communities around the world. We have ANZAC day coming up here (that we celebrate in conjunction with Australia) will it be politically incorrect to tell people about this day of remembrance as well?

21 Apr 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

I �m saying this without any disrespect to any of the great members of this community who  CONTRIBUTE with great worksheets...

but is there a way to report users in the same way we report worksheets who have 0 CONTRIBUTIONS and they are only here to pass judgement on people, be disrespectul, bullying and stirring things up? (and don �t get me started with the use of language!!!)

...just saying ;)

My regards to you all

Aldana

21 Apr 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

You know what, I �m quitting it all.
I created this post to calm things down.
It was my fault. It wasn �t me who initiated this topic in the first place. I was sooooooooooooo naiive to think that praying here will make things better. On the contrary, you are talking about the same issue again. I feel like I opened the fire in the face.

I �m quitting. I won �t post anything more in the forum unless it �s peaceful again.
When I first joined this web, it was becoz of its creativity. Then, I realize its more than that. It �s about building friendship and love among each other.

If u really believe in this site and what it �s fouded for, u know the rest..................

21 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

It �s a really tough question because SOME people will make it a political or religious statement irrespective of the poster �s intent.

Like it or not many of these institutions ARE religious &/or political in their origin.

I really do feel it is up to the individual to decide to be �politically correct � or not... but my personal preference is not to post about national days or events that provoke hostility within the discussion forums here. There are plenty of religious & political bigots who will make an issue of it & who will not respond to a well reasoned discussion with anything but lies, lies & misinformation.

Post a worksheet, powerpoint or online exercise, by all means - just don �t post a discussion on the forum.

That �s my view anyway.

21 Apr 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

Oh, just don �t pay attention to jooli123. He is not a teacher(he wrote it to me himself in a PM) and he obviously doesn �t belong here. Let �s pretend he isn �t here and maybe he will get bored and run away!!! Wink

21 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >